Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2006, 02:31 PM
Listen to Bob Marley

Default Re: Leaving???

Well im bringin this thread back because i am in a similar boat. Kinda leaving the tourney scene to play more recball. Heck you might even see me on a woodsball field some time soon, wow its been like 3+ years since i played on a field that didnt require a leafblower to blow up. Anyways this is where my paintball career is headed towards if anyone cares (i dont think anyone will even look at this post).
Old 05-07-2006, 02:58 PM
ECLIPSE FTW

Nah, I hear you Tac... Sometimes I go to the feild and on the way home, I say to myself, "I had no fun today"... Just seems like we are only playing to show off our guns or to look agg or something...

i have often considered doing the same thing you are considering..

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ TRUST ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ( + 12, - 0 )

Blue Dynasty ION - HP PMI 68/45 - Smoke Vlocity
ULTIMATE PAINTBALL INC.

www.ultimatepaintballgeorgia.com
Old 05-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

I looked at it! And totally understand what you're saying...

I've quietly stayed in the pb scene after declaring my absence...haven't played mind you, but haven't left either. I actually went to the field for the first time in like 4 months yesterday and it was pretty cool. With just a couple weeks left of school, I've found that it was actually my stress relief.

As far as tournaments go, I'm pretty much finished (for awhile, unless I just get the urge of the summer.) But, you'll see me on the woods/rec speedball fields probably this summer. In fact, I have something working, just like you, actually a ******* which I assume is what you have, from your sales thread...

You guys may remember that thread I posted awhile back about going through the National Board Certification? Well, yesterday, I found out that they only offered 400 scholarships and had 1069 applicants. Needless to say, I wasn't one of the 400 who were offered the scholarship. Pretty devestating, since I'm used to usually getting most things I apply for, education-wise, that is. The worst part is going through and seeing who, from my district, actually DID get the scholarship. It'll be tough dealing with that, I think.

Anywho, it costs $2500.00 up front to pay for it on my own. The state will reimburse me if I happen to actually get certified, but that's a big gamble...I'll apply again next year, but as for this coming year, at least that pressure will be off my shoulders. As such, it opens up some extra time for me to "relieve some stress" and it's come to my attention that I used to relieve it pretty well through paintball....so that's my sole reason for coming back at the moment, if you can even call it a come-back.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Public Enemy #1

I'm considering not quitting. I've pretty much put the sport on hold right now, but I haven't made that decision final yet. I love playing and would love to continue to play, its just expensive. I'm thinking about giving it a chance. Trying to play just twice a month, just playing half a day sometimes. Budgeting my paint better in games. Last time I played, it had been awhile, so I used more paint than normal. I've been used to playing paintball games, where the paint is free and it must of gotten to me. I think I could do it.

CRAP! Now I want to play again. I just need equipment still.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Respected Player

I hear ya tac, when you want to leave the tourney scene. I had taken about a year break from paintball and am just getting back into it this summer. It just wasn't as fun for me. Everybody always cheating, everything, just wasn't like it used to be for me. But this summer, me and a couple of friends are just going to do some rec ball and some woodsball, and a few of the scenarios this summer. Nothing big or major, just some wholesome paintball fun - the way it used to be. Hopefully you come back and discover a way to make it fun like it used to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drefish99
Don't think about that scene. It will just make you angry and resent the sport even more.
He speaks the truth. The more you focus on that, the more its going to frustrate you. Best to just clear it out of your head and ignore it.

Last edited by Live2Play : 05-07-2006 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:45 AM
Insane Pain Sports

when i played in the 80's i was on a team. every weekend was a tournament. it got real old and the fun wisent there any more. my team mates were to serious about out games any more. everyone started planning there strategy and telling others what to do and were to go. i didn’t like it any more so i quit for a while. sold my bud ore and didn’t play for 3- 4 years and lost touch of my PB friends.
when i did start to play again i made sure not to join a team. i don’t play every weekend so it is real nice when i do go. i have a bunch of new PB friends now(old ones don’t play any more). most of us are not too serious about PB and still play for the fun. all our pay fields are out of business as of 2 weeks ago so it is strictly woodsball or shall i say desertball.

it might be different in larger areas, but the cheaters and smack talkers have always been around here. no different than my first days of PB. difference now is we ask them to stop it or leave. Have to deal with jerks everywhere you go.
just remember to have a good time. its a game and you play games. try something new.
Old Fart #4
IPS Owner/Operator
Eaglelox@InsanePainSports.com