Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2006, 06:57 AM

Default MR1 spares and accessories

I purchased an MR1 this weekend and should have it today. What spare parts do I need to pick up and what accessories should I buy. I am not sure on HPA but I have a 14" J&J ceramic barrel comming and a VL Tripod hopper as well. I will be running it on a remote.

Thanks
Old 04-08-2006, 08:57 AM
New Guy

Arrow Re: MR1 spares and accessories

What i did with mine was do little things that look cool. ( funkey dropforward, new grips, a green barrel(i dont use it often lol)egt.) You could get a nw bolt but the one it comes with is pretty good. The MR1 is pretty good without anything done it.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:24 PM

Cool Re: MR1 spares and accessories

Here's my usual MR1 setup...

* Kingman Spyder MR1 with accessory stock
* Spyder ESP electronic frame (semi-automatic, 3-shot burst, and full-automatic modes) - $55 on eBay
* Fireball Mountain Delrin double trigger - $20
* Scenario Dreams 25g light trigger switch - $10
* Dye Sticky grips - $22
* Lapco drop forward, gas-thru foregrip (2-stage EC), and grip frame adapter - $55
* Custom macroline air setup with Lapco vertical adapter - $25
* Custom Products on-off ASA with de-gas - $40
* Alamo City Paintball ringless Delrin bolt (for Diablo Mongoose, modified) - $20
* Armson 8" rifled barrel - $60
* Halo Backman TSA LCD hopper (230-round capacity) with Extreme Rage clamping elbow - $59

Future upgrades:

* Alamo City Paintball ringless composite Delrin/steel striker (lightened)
* Scenario Dreams Spyder T-Board with T-Chip

Since this picture was taken, I've refined the setup by using a Pro-Team Intruder gas-thru foregrip ($49) to bring the tank even further forward and with a lower profile while eliminating the drop, the ASA, and the botom line. For what you save with an MR1 over an MR2, you can upgrade it to electromic fire with upgraded internals, and you still get more versatility out of it because its design is closer to that of "standard" Spyders. The MR1 is a great platform. Good luck with yours...
Old 04-11-2006, 12:37 PM
i will rain apon u!!!

Default Re: MR1 spares and accessories

the reason i got my MR1 is because it isn't electric and i play woodsball so the stock and the offset, and i have barrels for spyders so i could only get the MR1.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:40 PM

Make sure to get good ball detents. The stock ones are bad and will rip apart after a couple hundred shots. If it is black, your ok. If it is colored replace it. As far as I'm concerned, the diff between hpa and co2 is personal preference. Whichever is more available. As far as accuracy, good choice on the barrel otherwise make sure the gun is oiled. That set up is very accurate.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:34 PM

Thumbs up Re: MR1 spares and accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Make sure to get good ball detents. The stock ones are bad and will rip apart after a couple hundred shots. If it is black, your ok. If it is colored replace it. As far as I'm concerned, the diff between hpa and co2 is personal preference. Whichever is more available. As far as accuracy, good choice on the barrel otherwise make sure the gun is oiled. That set up is very accurate.
I'm with Tex. I had a Bob Long Intimidator detent put in to replace the stock one.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:51 PM
i will rain apon u!!!

has any body pu 1 on thse trinity ak 47 gas thru for grips on there MR1 it looks so cool.