Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2006, 08:10 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Default Re: Ramping sucks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON
There, I said it. I know this is a somewhat worn subject but can anyone tell me why people on regular fields should be able to use ramping modes? -

A couple years ago ramping was called having a cheater board in tourney play and you could have been blackballed from playing tourneys for such cheating actions. Now that PSP(I can't stand that organization) deemed it legal for play, the tune has changed and all unskilled can join in. To me it's equal to a toughman contest and just because 1 guy is a bit smaller and has smaller hands, they let him use a pair of brass knuckles -

Another thing.....THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FULL AUTO AND RAMPING no matter what anyone trys to rationalize. You pull the trigger a few times seemingly in semi and what happens? IT GOES FULL AUTO! People used to dis anyone that used r/t, modes or full auto on fields but now, since it seems fashionable, ramping(AKA full auto) is acceptable -

Rampers suck!!!! You bunch of walking God wannabe's......hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! !!!!!!!!
whoa...i've been saying this all along and you all but told me to shut up!!! nice...just nice...lmao...welcome back, hater boi!!! LMAO
Old 04-13-2006, 08:23 PM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

We have banned ramping from our local field. Between insurance problem's and and people abusing it (aka lighting people up) it's been banned which is a good thing. It will never make sense to me why it is necessary to play paintball.

I just wish they would have left the limit at 12bps and half the problem's in tourney paintball today would not be there.

And you wanna know what goes along with ramping for tourney's. Expenses. Take ICC (Indiana Captain's Council one of the longer running paintball organization's) for example compared to the CTS (other Indiana series) series. One went to PSP ramping this year the other didn't. Guess which one went broke due to too many expenses and had to cancel there first tournament just three day's before cause they couldn't work out paint distribution cause they didn't have enough money. They decided to go with ramping this year and with that pay the extra insurance (which is a lot more) and buy the bps reader for psp setting's (which are a lot). All to accomadate the player's that wanted it to happen and now look what happened the have "postponed" the series to another day which mean's there done. Oh yeah and CTS didn't go with ramping this year due to it costing a lot more and they just put on a heck of an event to start off the year!

And the whole "taking it to the next level and being able to play more aggressive" no not happening it's the same game it's not any more aggressive than what it was. If you ask me there is less aggression in the game's anymore due to the high rof which is why xball and wpl was so dang boring to watch on tv.

You know what's real funny is before we banned ramping at our field one team came there and alway's ramped even though they knew they were playing CTS this year. It never occured to them that maybe they should be out there practicing in the mode they plan on playing in there tourney's with to improve there SKILLS (yes I said that) on shooting in semi mode (and switching to left and right hand as that is a pain). But no they couldn't do that they needed to shoot as much paint as possible at the recballer's as they could! Don't know what there rank was after the first CTS event but I know they weren't in the top ten!

TLR
Ramping's stupid shouldn't be allowed as it causes too many problem's on the field in recball, tourney's and financially! If they just left the cap at 12 bps we would not have half the problem's in tourney paintball today!

I did not proofread this as it is late!

JB.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:34 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Arrow Re: Ramping sucks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustrophobia9
speaking of ramping and cheating... the new virtue board for ions has just made it increibly easy to remake a speedy 2 style cheater board with the membrane adaptor...
all you do is put the membrane under a wrap around grip in the FRONT so it isnt visable, then while playing the player can turn it off without reaching up to the button in an overly obvious manner, and to my understanding only needs to do some trigger activation upon startup of the board to change modes... im not big on cheating at all, i call out on bounces, but even i can see that. anyone who doesnt know what im saying, try pressing fake buttons on the front of a grip and see if your friend from like 3 feet away can notice.. then try reaching up to the top of the frame and holding for 3 seconds or so... there is a major difference... i say boards with these modes need to be a lil harder to change then turning them off and on..

Maybe they should change the name to the 'Unvirtuous board' lol Seems like you give them an inch and they'll take a mile. "Ramping, takes cheating to new heights through research and development" -

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid
whoa...i've been saying this all along and you all but told me to shut up!!! nice...just nice...lmao...welcome back, hater boi!!! LMAO
Eh......shuddup!!! -

QAZ123...........nice schtuff -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 04-13-2006, 09:22 PM
(spyderkid946)

Dragon little question have you ever played in a game with a ramping gun and everyone else has a ramping gun too? just wondering.
Personally i think you guys are making a big fuss over a very small factor in this game. People can shoot 15BPS without ramping, but for some people they really have to concentrate.when with ramping they can concentrate on something more important in the game like snap shooting and thinking about where to move ect. idk im rambling its late.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:05 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyNasty9
Dragon little question have you ever played in a game with a ramping gun and everyone else has a ramping gun too? just wondering.
If I started a topic like this, do you think I would waste my time on ramping? I have played on any type of field imaginable and against any type of player imaginable. I don't need ramping. I can easily max my 14bps Spyder out and keep my Imp rof set at 17bps cuz that's as fast as I can pull. Me playing against ramping markers is not my main concern. It's watching inexperienced players with mechanicals getting their arses handed to them every game by rampers that concern me -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyNasty9
Personally i think you guys are making a big fuss over a very small factor in this game. People can shoot 15BPS without ramping, but for some people they really have to concentrate.when with ramping they can concentrate on something more important in the game like snap shooting and thinking about where to move ect. idk im rambling its late.
Your statement is totally true.....ramping is a very small factor and really isn't needed. If you cannot concentrate on 2 or more things at a time, that's your handicap, not mine. This is exactly what I'm talking about, the unskilled having an advantage. If you think about it, pulling the trigger is more important than snap shooting. Aiming and hitting your target is very important but w/o pulling the trigger it's virtually impossible to hit your target. If you're an experienced player, aiming, hugging the bunker or cover and pulling the trigger become second nature. I really don't think now, I do. The only real thing I concentrate on is movement of others, where I'm going to move(movement is almost second nature), how much ammo is in the hopper and how much I have left to shoot -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 04-14-2006, 01:36 AM
sHaDyOneDeath

I agree with Dragon.
Ramping sucks.

*cleans his pump.

Custom BLM 1 2

My FeedBack