Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Marine Corps.

Default Re: Noob Q's........(Sorry)

actually the revvy only feeds 10-12 ... and if your search for an egg on pbnation used.. you'll find it around in the 30's or so ...

... battery's usually charge for 14 hours ... and it doesn't matter if there's a gap ....

.. side to side play can be fixed if you don'y like it
Old 04-03-2006, 04:16 AM
Bling Bling Bling

hello and welcome to the boards!

OK for the battery, if you have a BRAND NEW marker from Kingman then it is 6 hours. They changed the time in the manual and I would go by what they tell you. If you want to play it safe charge it for 8 hours. I have a friend who got an older imagine and the manual says 14 hours. Kingman may have made some circuitry changes on the boards on the newer Imagines. (Kingman Rep can you verify this)

As for oil, my .02 is not to use 3-in-1 oil on your gun. A bottle of Paintball specific oil is very cheap and will last you a long time, Gold Cup is a good choice. Here is a link Gold Cup Oil

The Dye Stickies make the grip a little beefier and more contoured and the gap is normal on your stock grips. If you are really worried about it you can run some electrical tape down the frame to cover the gap, but it is not needed. Your hand covers the gap while you are playing.

I agree with the others on getting a Revy or an Egg. If you plan on shooting real fast then go with an Egg, if you are not then the Revy should be fine for you.

As for upgrades. Go to the Paintball Bible and you can read all about them

OtterSC Customs

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

HacKeR

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 03:11 PM
New Guy

Well... I went to my pro-shop (If theres anyone here from southwestern Ontario, I went to Flagswipe.....LOL) and I picked up the following........

- A 14 inch PMI Razzor (They don't sell J&J barrels)

- A VL Revolution 12v Tripod (Im not looking to just spray people with balls, just needed something better then a gravity fed hopper)

- PMI Paintball oil (They didn't have any Gold Cup)

I'm not planing to make like an uber-pro paintball gun, just something to own some noobs. Now even though some people said to charge for like 12 hours, I only charged it for 7 and it seems to be working just fine.

Now, I've been looking on other website forums and some people have been saying that the stock bolt in the imagine will scratch the hell out of the inside of the gun. Is this true?? or did they just like not take care of their guns?

ToXiC
Old 04-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Marine Corps.

hmm... well you could have bought them from online or something ... and not just bought it from there .. but then again .. it's really all your choice ... probably woulda got it cheaper ... (except the oil)

And no .. the stock bolt won't scratch your gun ... you just need to polish it every so often .. and lube it after every play ... (probably didn't care about the guns)
Old 04-03-2006, 07:00 PM

dye sticky 3's are actually much better than the stock grips. They aren't a must but if you have an extra $25 than you can pick some up off of actionvillage. They provide a nice seal around the trigger frame of my pilot except up by the noid but your hand is usually there any way while playing so it shouldn't be a biggy. Also they weren't an exact fit on my pilot. The bottom two screws went in fine together but the top screw on each side don't exactly line up and so you kinda have to use the screw like a pry to get it up high enough while you screw it in. o yea you might have to use the stock screws instead of the ones that come with it. After getting them on though, i love them. Very comfortable and won't slip out of your hand. Plus they're Dyes
Old 04-03-2006, 07:36 PM
New Guy

Well.. First thing is I donít like using my credit card online, I'm sure that most sites are safe and secure but I rather not, just personal preference. Second thing is the prices werenít bad $40 (CDN.) each, except the oil $7 (CDN.).

Iím glad that I donít have to replace the bolt, thought it was just people abusing their guns. (I know I wouldnít wreck my gun, If I wanted to wreck a gun I would of got like a $50 Brass Eagle)

I might get some Dye Sticky Grips next time Iím there, but for now I think I can live with the stock grips.

Now I donít know how much better a J&J barrel would be over the PMI that I bought but I had got some shots off after I bought it and it seemed pretty good to me, like itís a whole lot more accurate then the stock barrel at the longer ranges. As a bonus the PMI barrel is the same colour as the imagine, GREEN!!!!

ToXiC
Old 04-04-2006, 09:48 AM
RaWr

You will notice what is called bolt wear, any stacked tube marker experiances it. It is no big deal and is 100% normal.

Glad you are liking your marker, if you have any questions from here on out feel free to ask them as you have notcied this community is really friendly.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 04-04-2006, 12:21 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Ooh, I recently put my stock bolt in upside down by accident... it scratched the hell outa the top of the top tube, and got itself jammed but I'm not sure if it did anything, because my ACS still has a good seal... I'd polish the inside, but I'm not sure how I can...

I'd highly suggest getting the ACS. With it, assuming you get a new one, and it isn't cold out, will prevent any chops. I couldn't get mine to chop (taped a ball to a string and held it halfway in the breach... try as I might, it wouldn't chop it :P) You
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE