Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2006, 08:42 PM
New Guy

Default Sling

Has anyone tried to put a sling on the MR-2? I was thinking it might not be a bad idea for games of capture the flag when you just want to run out of there quickly. Just a thought. Anyone else have any thoughts on the matter, and if so, what might be a good type of sling to get, seeing as how the MR-2 doesn't have a sling mount.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:05 PM
Scenario Junkie

Default Re: Sling

I tried a sling on both the MR2...and my SIM4. I found it really a bother, especially in the woods where it gets hung and tangled on every little thing it gets close to. Now I use a neck strap, with a quick disconnect clip, with a ring on the stock of the MR2 strapped there with a small velcro strip. The end of the neck strap has a clip on it like what you find at the end of a dog leash to hook it to the ring on the MR2. It helps to NOT fatigue me with actually having to carry the weight of the marker around with me all day...and does not hang all loose and dangleing when I un-hook it for use, where it would get snagged on limbs and bunkers
Old 03-30-2006, 06:56 AM
New Guy

What kind of neck strap are you using? That definitely sounds like something I might be interested in doing. I know I hate to carry my marker around all day, but, so often we're not in a place where we can set them down for any length of time. Thanks!
Old 03-30-2006, 07:41 AM
Scenario Junkie

Its the kind of strap that someone at a concert would carry an I.D. or stage pass on
Old 03-30-2006, 07:05 PM
New Guy

oh ok, cool, thanks a lot!