Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2261  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:34 AM
shunut's Avatar
shunut shunut is offline

Respected, period.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 5,359
Default Re: Soc Gdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrell View Post
Interior looks sharp, shu.

Yeah, school sucks. I'm almost to semester 4 of Cisco Networking Academy and I am ready to be done. It's just so much less to think about on a weekly basis.
Thanks!

Stick with the Cisco thing, it will be worth it in the end. I really want to learn Java and get my certification in Java, but ASU has a partnership with Microsoft, so we learn C#. I'm taking a class right now on C# and its fun, but the only thing I could see myself doing with C# is working on video games for XBox, which is a possibility. To me Java just seems more useful and more widely used. At least Java and C# are almost exactly the same, so moving over to Java once I finish C# shouldn't be to difficult.
__________________
Viva La KUSA!

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy


Shunut Creations
Reply With Quote
  #2262  
Old 10-16-2012, 07:59 AM
shunut's Avatar
shunut shunut is offline

Respected, period.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 5,359
Default Re: Soc Gdt

Just got back from Decay of Nations at SC Village in California. I got to meet a couple guys from Spyder. I introduced myself and told them that I was the admin on their forum and the response I got was, "Here is our new catalog." which they were giving away to everyone.

BTW if anybody hasn't seen or heard about it, Spyder has a bunch of new guns, including a pump, found out on PbN.
__________________
Viva La KUSA!

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy


Shunut Creations
Reply With Quote
  #2263  
Old 10-16-2012, 03:36 PM
durrell's Avatar
durrell durrell is offline
wat
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,927
Default Re: Soc Gdt

They don't care about the forum. Evidence of that fact can be found everywhere around here.
__________________
lol paintball
Reply With Quote
  #2264  
Old 10-16-2012, 05:48 PM
marvin-martian's Avatar
marvin-martian marvin-martian is offline
Fluent in Stroll
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: virginia beach, va
Posts: 4,650
Default Re: Soc Gdt

Theres a forum? Sweet!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota View Post
I'm betting if you have erectile disfunction pills, they will be popular with the moderators.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Reply With Quote
  #2265  
Old 10-16-2012, 08:27 PM
durrell's Avatar
durrell durrell is offline
wat
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,927
Default Re: Soc Gdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunut View Post
Thanks!

Stick with the Cisco thing, it will be worth it in the end. I really want to learn Java and get my certification in Java, but ASU has a partnership with Microsoft, so we learn C#. I'm taking a class right now on C# and its fun, but the only thing I could see myself doing with C# is working on video games for XBox, which is a possibility. To me Java just seems more useful and more widely used. At least Java and C# are almost exactly the same, so moving over to Java once I finish C# shouldn't be to difficult.
Yeah Cisco is worth it. It's also a requirement for my new position.

C# is used all over the place, although not as widely as Java. C# is a relatively friendly language, too. Java is horrific. I learned some C# in school but in my field scripting is pretty much all I need, so I've gotten into PowerShell.
__________________
lol paintball
Reply With Quote
  #2266  
Old 10-17-2012, 06:18 AM
shunut's Avatar
shunut shunut is offline

Respected, period.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 5,359
Default Re: Soc Gdt

Yeah, I've heard horror stories about Java, but it would be much easier to find something I want to do knowing Java. C# is fun and if I wanted to program XBox games, it would be useful, which could be a possibility. I'm not sure we are going to get in depth enough in my C# class though, we are still discussing arrays with 6-7 weeks of school left.
__________________
Viva La KUSA!

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy


Shunut Creations
Reply With Quote
  #2267  
Old 10-18-2012, 03:54 PM
TheDarkShadow's Avatar
TheDarkShadow TheDarkShadow is offline
add 1,794 posts
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South East IN
Posts: 2,775
Default Re: Soc Gdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunut View Post
Just got back from Decay of Nations at SC Village in California. I got to meet a couple guys from Spyder. I introduced myself and told them that I was the admin on their forum and the response I got was, "Here is our new catalog." which they were giving away to everyone.

BTW if anybody hasn't seen or heard about it, Spyder has a bunch of new guns, including a pump, found out on PbN.
Wow, that really says something about the company
__________________
E-framed Sonix Pro
2009/2010 bone stock sonix
Reply With Quote
  #2268  
Old 10-25-2012, 05:59 AM
bamf-hacker's Avatar
bamf-hacker bamf-hacker is offline
Bling Bling Bling
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In your PC...
Posts: 5,941
Default Re: Soc Gdt

Yay it is Thursday




Just Sayin!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedBarron
secks comes to mind everytime I look at those markers. pure freaky secks.

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2269  
Old 10-25-2012, 07:15 AM
marvin-martian's Avatar
marvin-martian marvin-martian is offline
Fluent in Stroll
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: virginia beach, va
Posts: 4,650
Default Re: Soc Gdt

My brother and I are discussing my vote in this upcoming election since I have been fighting myself over it. It essentially boils down to idealism vs pragmatism. I feel wasting your vote is voting for someone you dont feel is best. I am also an opponent of the two party system because of this. I would like to vote for Gary Johnson and feel the reason he will only get a max of 3% is because people like me are being told theyre dumb for not going for a mainstream candidate. I also fully recognize this will most likely cripple the gop, ensuring an Obama victory. On the same side, if Obama does get elected I slightly hope the country will crash so that we finally have room and reason to change things in a meaningful way. So that America will be a phoenix. Again, idealism mixed with me being a romantic. Ugh.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota View Post
I'm betting if you have erectile disfunction pills, they will be popular with the moderators.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Reply With Quote
  #2270  
Old 10-26-2012, 05:33 AM
shunut's Avatar
shunut shunut is offline

Respected, period.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 5,359
Default Re: Soc Gdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin-martian View Post
On the same side, if Obama does get elected I slightly hope the country will crash so that we finally have room and reason to change things in a meaningful way. So that America will be a phoenix. Again, idealism mixed with me being a romantic. Ugh.
This is sad. I hate seeing that instead of support, of whoever the president is, people would rather see our country fail. I'm not saying that I like Obama, just in general, whether you are a republican, democrat, or whatever other party you classify yourself as, its sad that people dislike a single person so much that they want to see an entire country, their country fail, just so that person looks bad.

Another thing I hate is how people make the status of our country the fault of 1 person. This is not North Korea or Nazi German, 1 person is not making all the decisions for the entire country. We have different branches of government and really if you look at everything, the president is really just a face and a voice of the country. We actually have a Republican House right now and the Senate is almost evenly split, with the Democrats having a slight majority.

I hate the whole party line division and war there always is. I also think that neither the republican or democratic candidates this year are quality. I don't think we have had a quality candidate from either of the big parties in sometime. If you really think about it though, who would really want to be president anymore? You have people wishing the entire country would fail just so they can put the blame on you. Your family's lives are uprooted and changed forever. So many people HATE you and your family, you get death threats all the time, although I doubt the presidential families ever see them, I'm sure they are aware of them. Which qualified person (intelligent person) would ever want that?

All this being said Marv, you should vote for whomever you feel is the best candidate, regardless of whether or not they are a mainstream candidate or not. If you like someone other that Romney or Obama, I think you should vote for them. Your vote is your vote, not anybody else's.
__________________
Viva La KUSA!

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy


Shunut Creations
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:38 PM.