Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2012, 07:08 PM
New Guy

Default Mr2 chopping balls

Hi guys I'm new in paintball community and I just got an mr2 used not working, finally get it to work but still have chopping problem, already replace all "o" rings, velocity spring and detent. My set up is halo too hopper,CP "14" barrell and 48/3000 Guerrilla hpa tank. Need help.

Last edited by Frankylube : 08-31-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 09-01-2012, 06:13 AM

Respected, period.

Default Re: Mr2 chopping balls

First of all, Welcome to the Forum!

Where are your chops happening? In the barrel, in the breach? What kind of paint are you using?

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 09-01-2012, 06:08 PM
New Guy

I tried with different paint Empire hot box, valken infinity, field brown box, jt paint and stinger paint. It looks like is on the breach, use to got a lot of blow back and I change "o" rings and is better but still chopping ball and it don't matter if is on semi or full auto. I change the barrel thinking that will help but it didn't. Change the detent and is a lot better. I don't know if I need to change the bolt or the antichop spring. Also change velocity spring first was at 347 fps now is at 285 fps and I run out of ideas, thanks for your time and help.

Last edited by Frankylube : 09-01-2012 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 09-02-2012, 07:03 AM

Respected, period.

Hmmm, if they are breaking in the breach, typically you would think blow back, but since you are running a Halo Too, which is force feed, it is unlikely. You could try an anti-chop bolt, but I'm not sure that will help. I'll think about it some more and see if I can't come up with anything else.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 09-02-2012, 08:14 PM
New Guy

Thanks again for your help. I'm going to try changing the settings on the invert halo and make the stack feed on that is force feeding and I'm going to break in the antichop bolt spring cus the gun looks fairly new and the first owner don't look like he did it when he bough it. I'll keep in touch. This site is a good idea specialty for newbies with old markers like me.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:28 AM
New Guy

Finally I got it fix. Doing some research found that the delring acs bolt spring loose tension over the years and don't know where to find a replacements for discontinued markers I open the bolt and put some shims to make the spring stiffer again and looks like it works, tested on my back yard full hopper on semi, 3 round burst and full and no even one chopped ball. Again thanks shunut for your time and advice. Hopefully this idea help somebody out there with same problem.