Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Fluent in Stroll

Default Re: Soc Gdt

Williamsburg can be pretty nice, but ya, traffic between cities absolutely blows during rush hour. And the bridge is always backed up or at least slow it seems. Give me a shout for a tour of my side of the bay.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:11 AM
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leed View Post
Be careful of the charging system.. It's likely you'll need to get a new stator coil or have the old one re-spun. I would also check out the Regulator/Rectifier to see that is in shape. Make sure you get over to SOHC, if you need any help they have lots of resources! By the way, which one did you get, the left or the right?

Mmmmm.. Torquey.. Pardon the crappy picture hahaha
[img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ytyWlXfx2rg/T8LvapafczI/AAAAAAAADWg/gSNwwReQ17g/s711/photo.jpg[img]

Also: Marv.. I'm on your turf now. Your traffic sucks nuts.
The red Shadow. I might've considered getting the second one too, but I only had the cash for one. And I like the 70s Chopper-esque look of it. Nice thing is there are still plenty of parts out there for them. the 67 looks like way too much work. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for it to just be a battery and fluid change as the bike was running when it was stored. It was even tuned up just before storage. the plugs and wires look new. As well the fuel pump, FP relay, starter solenoid and starter have been changed. I think it'll be a nice first road bike. I'd have considered a sport bike, but I plan on some long distance rides for one, and for two, I'd look ridiculous on one. Even a larger one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace24 View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this... but don't bash the Rails. :X
Old 05-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Finally got the nerve to ask a woman out tonight. We've been chatting it up on Facebook a lot lately - mainly Chuck Norris jokes and whatnot, but it's been fun. She made a post about starting over tonight (and a couple over the past few days) so I decided to message her and see if she was still married. Turned into an interesting conversation, without too much information. However, it turns out, she's separated, but ready to move on. I asked her if she liked bowling and she said yes, so I asked her out and she let me know that in a couple of weeks, she'd love to! She's also very into sports, so that opens it up a bit to taking a few trips to ballgames and such.

Ok, big problem. I'm a bit nervous because it's been about 3 and a half years since my wife and I split after being married for nearly 23 years. I've gone out with a few girls (3) over the past couple of years - two one night dates (my fault for not having more with them - they were willing, I think - I just wasn't ready yet) and one for about four weeks. So I took a chance, and I hope I didn't make a mistake!

Problem #1 - I actually taught this woman's daughter a few years ago. This makes me a little nervous. Also, I work with her sister, well, we're both elementary teachers. (Her sister is in another building.) I just don't want this to fail and then get around the school, yanno?

Problem #2 - the real reason I'm nervous is because she's REALLY good looking (she comes from a good looking family, too) and I'm, well, let's say that I've let depression and stuff get to me over the past 3 years and I'm not as in shape as I was. In fact, I've gained a TON of weight! Even though I'm working on losing it, I haven't yet and there's no way I can in the next two weeks.

Yes, I do have a bit of insecurity at work here. Who wouldn't after all I went through? So, I hope I can fake confidence through the whole thing and let my other attributes shine through like my sense of humor, intelligence, manners and gentleman crap I learned shine through. Dating's scary, much less the second go around. Do women even go for that stuff anymore? She really seems like a nice woman, and like I said, she's gorgeous! I really think I'm ready, but this overweight thing worries me. Especially since she's very into sports.

I don't know - just hoping to get some confidence boosts, I guess.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:52 AM
Fluent in Stroll

Oh snap, Vikes showing off his game! Don't worry about working with her sister (who isn't even in the same place) as workplace relationships happen all the time. You guys are also mature adults so should anything negative happen, you should be able to accept it and move on.

So what if she's hot? Isn't that a bonus? If she had no hopes of anything happening she wouldn't have accepted the date. You are already in. It just sounds like you are nervous because you really have not done this in awhile. The more you talk to her (them) the better you will feel about it. Just go, have fun, talk to her like a human being and go where it takes you, the only thing holding you back is your anxiety.

Skanking to the beat.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:08 AM
Resident *******

You're like a little schoolboy, Vike. Just go for it! I'm sure you'll be fine.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 05-30-2012, 02:15 PM
add 1,794 posts

Big time family changes are going on in my family right now, a couple weeks ago my sister got married and she just moved out of the house and now my older brother and his wife just had a kid today. It's kind of crazy, good, but crazy.

You got this Vike, and unless she's really that shallow looks aren't super important if you guys get along and have a good time together. Just relax and have a good time
Old 05-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Bling Bling Bling

You will be fine Vike. Just be yourself.

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:58 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Thanks guys - think I was just having a bit of a "did I do the right thing?" moment, hahah! Things will be great!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:03 AM
Fluent in Stroll

Damn right theyll be great! Go get her.

Also, I asked a bartender girl at work out last night. She said no =[

Skanking to the beat.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:13 PM
New Guy.. Who's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow View Post
Thanks guys - think I was just having a bit of a "did I do the right thing?" moment, hahah! Things will be great!
Gettin your groove on

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin-martian View Post
Damn right theyll be great! Go get her.

Also, I asked a bartender girl at work out last night. She said no =[
You win some and you lose some If it makes you feel better, I know absolutely no one in Williamsburg hahaha.