Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Picture and Video Pages
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2011, 11:17 AM

Default Got myself a Metadyne Thumper (No. #157)

I liked the look of this marker when I first saw it but I was way too late for the pre-order. Then I started reading up on it and the difficult birth it's had. I was kinda put off to be completely honest. Then, after a lot of unnessesary stressful times I've had recently, I needed some retail therapy (Hey. If it's a good enough excuse for the ladies then I'm all for equality...). Thus it was time to start reading hundreds of posts about the way it's being/been resolved. I was happy with what I'd read so I started looking for one for myself. I can't afford the price of a new one so I looked around for a used one. I saw a few for sale nice 'n cheap, missed a couple because of lack of funds, then saw this one at a reasonable price on PBN.

I pm'd the seller and waited patiently. The seller I bought it from is living in England but was in Sicily when he got my pm's (I think he's in the US Army). Fortunately he was due to return to England a few days later so I jumped on it. He got back on Monday, shipped it yesterday and I got it in my hands today. He even threw in a J&J barrel which I wasn't expecting. He told me that it has had the internals updated and, as you can see from the pics, it has the open class adapter, CCM feedneck, 45 Frame and both sides have the thumb cocking plates. There isn't the stock class feed tube or stock barrel but that's ok. I've already sent an email to Metadyne to see how much these bits are (if they're available).

It was a bit gunked up with Dow55 grease but it seemed to stick a little when cocking. Not a bother to me but there was a problem with the safety that would've been a bother. It was jammed full open so I wouldn't be able to use it at my usual paintball field. This meant I had to take the trigger frame apart and clean out the grease to fix the safety. Now, strangely, the marker seems to cock without that sticking it had. I'd even say it cocked a little more smoothly than before too. Very Strange.

Anyways, seeing as the whole thing would probably do well from a complete strip and degrease, I figure that I could get this marker re-anodised before I reassemble it. I was thinking of copper or bronze. What do y'all think?

Quote:
Originally posted by cali141
"Vagabond, i think youre alexander the great. Only reborn. And evil."