Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Ich will mehr, immer mehr, genau wie du, immer mehr

Default Re: Soc Gdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsvly-fat View Post
Is that in the Valley somewhere?

Yeah I haven't played paintball in like a year. I stopped caring, still have all my stuff somewhere...
Its going to be at Fort Adobe.

VS2:Stock, red body kit, 14" 32* Whisper barrel, Fasta
Victor 2:halfbacked, ESP Frame T- Board, VS2 Barrel, Magna Valve, ND Valve Pin, Drilled VA, Polished Striker, Bandit 2 O-ring Delrin Bolt, Custom Trigger, Rex Expansion Chamber, ND Feedneck, T-board
Old 10-28-2011, 12:30 AM
Resident *******

I like my H60 as well. I don't overclock, I just run my desktop in an enclosed space.

Claus, add me... tbromagem@gmail.com I don't remember your email to add you on G+.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 10-28-2011, 05:23 AM

Respected, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
Shu, I love the h60... it barely fit in my case though because of the fans. It seems to do about 5*c lower than my friends coolermaster air heatsink on a very similar build. It was way easier to install though than his sink was.

Edit: I should clarify... the radiator is a bit taller than a 120mm fan and because of the massive amount of fans in the nzxt phantom, it barely fit without displacing one of the 7 fans. Over the cpu it fit way better than a traditional sink.
I've been thinking about trying out the Ultra Chilltec Thermo Electric cooler, I need to read more about it though.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 10-28-2011, 08:43 AM
THE GAME

My only complaint with the setup is that for some reason or another I lose video on occasion after rebooting. (Newest bios and stable both). I think this is due to the change to Z68 in addition to UEFI. Z68 offers Intel on-processor GPU, which is different from a Northbridge/southbridge setup that has been done in the past. H60 (or its family -- which I will be buying in the future) are a great way to noncommittally get into liquid cooling. I have nothing but good things to say about Corsair (I emailed them and they sent me a box of goodies). If I owned one of their cases I'd own a H100 cooler.

EDIT: I took a look at that cooler Shu, it's massive, and expensive. I think the H60 cost me all of $50 on a newegg sale, $60 with some arctic silver. What kind of case are you tossing this in?
Old 10-28-2011, 05:18 PM

Respected, period.

Yeah, its expensive and huge, but so are the claims as far as cooling though. However, I've read up quite a bit on them today and it was no better than the best air cooler. One write up that I read said they thought it could be better but it only had 1 fan. They felt that with the addition of another fan it could run much cooler. Guess my research will continue.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 10-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Resident *******

I was wrong, I have an H70. They just released the H80 as well, which is what I'd choose if I were on the market currently for another cooler. You can't get much better than liquid cooling, and Corsair's CPU cooling is rock solid from my experience.

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Old 10-29-2011, 03:58 PM
THE GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
I was wrong, I have an H70. They just released the H80 as well, which is what I'd choose if I were on the market currently for another cooler. You can't get much better than liquid cooling, and Corsair's CPU cooling is rock solid from my experience.
I'd get the H100 if I had a more "standard" case. NZXT phantom has two "200mm" (192mm -- 200mm proprietary) fans up top with no mount for the H100 radiator. Dream case is one from the Obsidian series, but the Phantom was on a fantastic sale. H70 and H80/H100 have higher throughput than the H60 with their pump, H80 has a thicker radiator, and H100 has a double wide radiator. H80 and H100 have different speed profiles and light up when different temperatures. H60 is pretty much bare minimum IMO. H50 is apparently too slow to get a benefit over regular coolers (although can be cheaper and easier fitting).

Just went to a liquidation warehouse and picked up a 17" 4:3 LCD monitor for my dual display for like 40 bucks today. It's pretty nice.

Tim, do you have any good W7 utilities you use that make better use of multi-threading than system utilities? I'm rocking 7zip for the n core LZMA2 compression, but aside from that I only really use hyper threading with Linux.

Also, speaking of corsair, I think this will be my keyboard (currently using a dell POS) http://www.corsair.com/vengeance-gam...-keyboard.html. I'll have to find/make a driver for all those G keys for Linux. That should make my VIM and XMonad configs nice and complicated.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Resident *******

I don't have much that can run all of my cores, I wish I did. I'm running an AMD Phenom X4 925 currently. Still need to upgrade my mobo, CPU, and GPU to be entirely current but the system works great with everything I need it for already. It has W7 and Mint on it. Everything else (day to day) is done on my laptop with Ubuntu/Mint. My HAF case could most likely handle the H100, it's just that it's overkill for my use. Hell, my mobo doesn't even allow me to change much as far as OC'ing goes. I can soft OC using the AMD OverDrive utility just fine up to about 3.2ghz without changing much.

I have a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. Apart from having to change the batteries, it's the best. Still running a single 23" monitor here. No space for two, and anything bigger is just asininely expensive.

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Old 10-30-2011, 06:36 PM
wat

I'm running a Phenom X4 965 on stock clock and stock cooling. It takes everything I can throw at it.

I don't really understand the need for extreme cooling unless it's just a hobby?
Old 10-30-2011, 06:57 PM
THE GAME

The stock sink for i7 is garbage, that's part of the reason. Aside from keeping things at a good temperature, I don't much care. I really love my Linux partition and dislike the difficulties I have running games properly (mainly because they're not designed for Linux). I ran windows exclusively for a bit and it the quad + hyperthreading cores feel totally wasted, and I feel like any "power user" activities completely require me to code it myself or pay $50 for a stupid utility that does almost nothing. In Linux the utility is always free and always better. For example: I've been doing some multi-in multi-out audio on my card and windows basically has no ability with this. There are some sites with $40+ software with no demo and a 1999-looking webpage but Linux has JACK... aka the best thing I could have hoped for.

I'm getting more into Fedora recently (mainly with the Ubuntu Unity focus --while letting repos slip). I enjoy Debian, but its a few steps behind always and Arch has mixed "cutting edge" focus, where many of the programs are instantly released, but all of the tools are stuck years behind. Mint and #! are nice, but any time people use distro-specific Debian repos they fail. I HATE Mint's firefox, and that breaks the whole distro for me. I may get into Gentoo soon (probably after I finish my VBox for it) but it's kinda difficult to install. I've been building a file-grouping tool and reading through some package management tools, and finding new ways to install and manage them with existing tools or combinations of them.