Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2011, 01:57 PM

Default Problem with Sear actuating

trying to help someone who is trying to help someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbkid0486 View Post
hey guys,

a friend of mine has an older spyder that he plays with. Anyway he is having some issues with the sear dropping.

When the marker is gassed up and you pull the trigger, the marker will " double fart-fire" and uncock itself making you have to maually recock to fire it again.

When the marker is not gassed up and you pull the trigger, the sear will not move at all.

It seems the 2 pieces that touch insdie the frame to cause the sear to drop are not touching.

I took a vid of my pulling on the trigger and the sear not moving. I will get up another vid in a few minutes of the two pieces not touching as I pull the trigger.

but any thoughts while you guys way?

http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/c...t=6f004562.mp4

http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/c...t=aa1a9ed2.mp4

thanks again for your help, and sorry about the question if its an easy fix, im a cocker guy and have never used or worked on a spyder before.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Problem with Sear actuating

Theres a little spring with a loop on either end that attaches to the sear and pulls it into place, that could be broken?
Old 10-11-2011, 07:18 PM

Respected, period.

With the trigger frame off the gun, and the sear not in contact and under tension from the hammer/striker, the sear will not move when you pull the trigger.

Here is a video I made for another member, the spring could be missing or broken on the sear.

Or, there could be a problem with the internals. When was the last time it was taken apart and everything was given a good lubing? Are their any upgrades? Spring Kits? Regulators? Valves?

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 10-13-2011, 05:43 PM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunut View Post
With the trigger frame off the gun, and the sear not in contact and under tension from the hammer/striker, the sear will not move when you pull the trigger.

Here is a video I made for another member, the spring could be missing or broken on the sear.

M4H03072.MP4 - YouTube

Or, there could be a problem with the internals. When was the last time it was taken apart and everything was given a good lubing? Are their any upgrades? Spring Kits? Regulators? Valves?
so if its not missing the spring, which it isn't, and I have problems with recocking, the hammer rounded or the sear rounded and is causing the issue? It sounds logical by what im experiencing. It's hard to tell by looking but I'd say the hammer is the issue then.

Where do I get these particular hammers? Are they available new?

thanks again for all the help.