Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2011, 10:20 AM

Default valve leaking?!

So my gun ('09 pilot) has a slow leak from the valve. The problem seems to be the cupseal, I swapped it out for the 2nd one I have but that one leaks too. I tried unscrewing the valve pin a bit from the cupseal and it stopped the leak for a while but it came back. I think the hammer hitting it screwed it back in but that's a stretch. Its very strange it comes and goes randomly, the only other thing I think it might be is the valve spring. Can they become over-compressed after a while and not push hard enough on the valve?

ALSO i removed and carefully inspected the valve body but it seemed perfect and had no dings or scratches in it.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:29 AM

Default Re: valve leaking?!

Are you sure its the cupseal and not the valve o-ring thats leaking? You might try putting some oil in there and see if it does anything.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawpass View Post
Are you sure its the cupseal and not the valve o-ring thats leaking? You might try putting some oil in there and see if it does anything.
I'm sure, because the valve o-rings were perfect and I re-oiled them before I but the valve back in, also when I messed with the cupseal the leak stopped for a bit and came back. This happened once before and I just swapped the cupseal and it stopped but now its back
Old 06-29-2011, 01:42 PM

Make sure you cock the marker before airing it up.
It seems unlikely that its valve spring is worn out, but I guess its possible. By any chance did you look at the face of the valve while you had it out?
Old 06-29-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Make sure you cock the marker before airing it up.
It seems unlikely that its valve spring is worn out, but I guess its possible. By any chance did you look at the face of the valve while you had it out?
yes I looked at the rim that the cupseal contacts with it is 100% perfect no scratches nicks or anything wrong with it. Its odd because I unscrewed the valve pin from the cupseal about 1cm and the leak stopped but as soon as I shot it it came back. Its a very slow leak, and can only be heard if you put your ear to the feedneck. Also I am cocking it when I air it up. I'm low on air but it does this no matter how much is left in the tank.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:34 PM

Wow strange! Is your velocity where it should be? I guess trying a replacement spring is a cheap fix if you have a spring kit handy. You can cut down a spare mainspring if you had one of those instead.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Wow strange! Is your velocity where it should be? I guess trying a replacement spring is a cheap fix if you have a spring kit handy. You can cut down a spare mainspring if you had one of those instead.
Im going to have to try that, I don't have any extra springs so I might try a spring kit. The velcity adjuster is all the way out does that make a difference?