Old 06-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Fluent in Stroll

Default Re: Official Flame Therapy

Teach them how to do it safely!

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:33 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

So if anyone lives in Rochester, NY or in the one of the suburbs, you know of my pain. I can't stand having to drive these streets, constantly screwing up my suspension because the city is too lazy and takes far too long to fill holes that they dig, or holes that are caused by nature!

So for the past 7 days, there has been a hole, gradually growing, in the end of my driveway. I came home 7 days ago to find they dug up the grass and were digging next to our street drainage grate. I just assumed they would have it finished in a matter of days and it was covered by a metal slab of steel. I didn't think anything of it, until the hole started to grow. By day 3 the hole had another 4 feet towards my driveway cut out. Ok, fine, they're probably just going to fix the drainage and put it back. Day 5 the hole reaches across 75% of my ****ing driveway. This time, they un-covered the hole and put a piece of plywood across the drain.

There is no number for me to call because the construction vehicles that were there were from the city and they had no idea who is doing the work. All they told me was, "the company that is doing the work will be by later today to fill up the hole with concrete." Well it's over 24 hours later and no one has come to fill the hole. So I'm expected to leave my car on the street where it could get ran into (if you know upstate NY drivers, you know most of them can't drive) or broken into. If it does, I'm going to the city and making them pay. I can't believe this.

UPDATE:

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 06-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Fluent in Stroll

The only thing that saves us from bureaucracy is its inefficiency

Skanking to the beat.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:03 AM
New Guy.. Who's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace24 View Post
So if anyone lives in Rochester, NY or in the one of the suburbs, you know of my pain. I can't stand having to drive these streets, constantly screwing up my suspension because the city is too lazy and takes far too long to fill holes that they dig, or holes that are caused by nature!

So for the past 7 days, there has been a hole, gradually growing, in the end of my driveway. I came home 7 days ago to find they dug up the grass and were digging next to our street drainage grate. I just assumed they would have it finished in a matter of days and it was covered by a metal slab of steel. I didn't think anything of it, until the hole started to grow. By day 3 the hole had another 4 feet towards my driveway cut out. Ok, fine, they're probably just going to fix the drainage and put it back. Day 5 the hole reaches across 75% of my ****ing driveway. This time, they un-covered the hole and put a piece of plywood across the drain.

[ig]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/240071_10150276359463799_757403798_8969615_3709228 _o.jpg[/img]

There is no number for me to call because the construction vehicles that were there were from the city and they had no idea who is doing the work. All they told me was, "the company that is doing the work will be by later today to fill up the hole with concrete." Well it's over 24 hours later and no one has come to fill the hole. So I'm expected to leave my car on the street where it could get ran into (if you know upstate NY drivers, you know most of them can't drive) or broken into. If it does, I'm going to the city and making them pay. I can't believe this.

UPDATE:
[IG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/241446_10150276376993799_757403798_8969867_3339480 _o.jpg[/IMG]
That's pretty bad man... Roads here aren't too bad.. But don't ever go to Chicago. In the suburbs, the roads are HORRIBLE. My brother ended up losing all his 'hubcaps' (little caps that sit atop the axle nut) in less than 3 months from driving around there.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:21 PM
add 1,794 posts

my brother just bought a 99 Mitsuishi Galant w/136k from a used car lot and he got ****ed over. The POS overheated on the drive home within 20 minutes, those bastards at the car lot had to have known that something was wrong with it. now he has a broken down car that he just bought AND a tow bill. what a bunch of ****ers
Old 07-07-2011, 05:12 PM

So I haven't been on here in a long time and I need to vent right now. (This is probably also the jack on the rocks making me want to type too... but that's besides the point)

So... where to start. Well, some of you may remember Rika. I pretty much fixed her life when we started dating. I got her off of drugs, away from wanting to kill her self, away from cigarettes, and away from the people who badly influenced her. I helped her see the light and to see that she had great potential in life. Well, she's in college now to be an EE with a robotics option at Rochester Institute of Technology. This isn't an easy school, nore is it cheap. Luckily she's a female Asian that got good grades, so she gets to go for practically free. Anyway, I'm rambling. We split about 6 months ago (the 3rd would have marked our 4 year anniversary) due to complications in the relationship. I had some serious anger issues when I lost my mother and could not handle stress well. I work as a sales associate at Advance Auto Parts in the city of Rochester and it's anything but a stress free job. This resulted badly. I would come home from work, stressed, and listen to her stress at school. This made me worse. Not to meantion, I would snap if I didn't get a few minutes to relax after work, to my self, with out interruption from anyone and she didn't understand this.

Anyway, we would fight... quite a bit during her second year of college... I at one point wanted to call it off because I felt she was cheating on me (she did once before and it was getting to a similar feeling that I had before) but didn't realize she was just really stressed and I wouldn't accept that, so I shut her out. Of course this makes things worse. So we go on a trip to Toronto with her family. It was a great trip, we had a bunch of fun, but the day after we came back, she tells me (right after I get out of work) that I'm an embarrassment to her and that she's never taking me on a trip again. This set me off. (I laughed at a couple signs and was being a tourist in china town Toronto, big ****ing deal) I told her that, "I find the ignorance between languages and the translation to be funny sometimes." She said, "Ignorance?" I replied with, "Oh I'm sorry, I forgot that you don't know what that means."

That was pretty much our last fight. I raged, (mind you she had her brother and friend in the room at the same time, which embarrassed the hell out of me) left her room, went to the living room and sat on the couch to watch a comedy. Her brother followed me and sat down to talk and watch as well. Her and I weren't on speaking terms for a while and then when we talked again, she asked if we could "take a break." Never again will I ever "take a break." If you feel that way, we're breaking up. I'm sick of childish games. Anyway, so time passes on this break and we kiss a few times and admit we miss each other. (even got.... well... you know...) She then kisses me and asks if we can wait until I get my GED to get back together because it's something thats been bothering her. I agreed and we kissed one last time.

I got my GED and asked her, "...so whats going to happen between us? I fulfilled my promise, I got my GED faster than anyone in the program has ever done it before and passed on my first try." She replies with, "this time apart has shown me that we really don't have anything in common. We aren't compatible and you're too immature for me." This shocked the living **** out of me. I dropped my maturity level to that of hers because I was sick of feeling embarrassed when we went out with friends and figured if I could act "younger" I could feel better. It worked... but apparently she changed without me noticing.

The whole time we were on break, I would try to talk to her and fix things, to figure out what the hell I did so that I wouldn't do it again. She kept running away and wouldn't tell me anything. To me, that right there is gross immaturity. I even spoke to one of her friends recently about the breakup (she didn't realize we had broken it off) and her friend said, "Rika? Mature? You must be really ****ing immature then..."

So, there it stands. The love of my life, that changed my life, that was there for me when my mother died, ON RIKA'S BIRTHDAY, is now gone. I still love her, but see that it was one sided from the beginning and that it wasn't true as I had hoped. I'm still friends with her brother and I go drinking with her dad all the time. I help him out with cars and whatnot and have a solid relationship with both of them... but it hurts every time I see her. I just hope she can find someone that loves her as much as I do, that she can love equally.

This pain has been dwelling inside of me for 6 months and nothing I do gets rid of it for good. I've found love in my car... which I tinker with when I feel pain. It's a great way to escape, but today I find that it has oil in the 4th cylinder. I told my dad to pray for me because I may have to replace the engine, and he replies with, "...you've already put too much money into that piece of junk." The fact that he'd call my love that I've worked so hard on, "a piece of junk" hurt so much.

Then today when I come inside from finding the oil, I get on Facebook to message my friend Meaghan and see how she is doing. (She's a close friend that now lives in FL, who came to visit me last month and we ended up sleeping together... planning to date when she moved back to Rochester to go to school) She is dating another guy in FL.

I'm just so ****ing pissed at everything right now. I can't think clearly and this Jack is the only thing that is nulling me right now. I have been numb for 4 out of the past 6 months... but today, all that pain is returning. I'm just so sick of it all.

It's depressing when you wake up every day, disappointed that you actually woke up when you prayed the night before to not wake the next morning.

I give up. I have nothing left to give, nothing left to do, I don't feel comfortable talking to any of my friends because, unfortunately, Rika was the person I could actually vent to and talk to... now I don't have that. Yet, I'm willing to spill my guts on here to complete strangers around the world, some of which don't give a flying ****, and some of which I know... who do care... I just ask that those that do care.... please pray for me.... I'm losing vision now from the tears in my eyes and I can't type anymore... just... please...

I'm sorry.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 07-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Fluent in Stroll

Dude, you got close to her and helped dig her out of the gigantic hole she made for herself. She was able to move on to real things in life because of you. You should be proud of that, and nothing is going to take away what had happened. Put the whiskey down, tell your dad to **** off and forget about Meaghan. Sounds like she was a back up anyway. Don't try and dumb yourself down for anyone and you will get someone who is truly right without any acts.

Skanking to the beat.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:47 PM

I... I still feel like I... idk...

I just hope she realizes what I did for her... if not, at least she's still alive.

Quote:
Old 08-08-2011, 05:08 PM
add 1,794 posts

direct tv sucks, it goes out if it rains half way hard. and this place is DEAD. Like more dead than usual
Old 08-08-2011, 07:47 PM
No more Pablo San Lucas, you'll have to reset your title because I can't remember what it was

Quote:
The whole time we were on break, I would try to talk to her and fix things, to figure out what the hell I did so that I wouldn't do it again.
During "breaks," you give each other space, not pester the hell out of them. That's the point of the break, to actually.... take a break from eachother.