Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-05-2011, 11:45 PM
RSX99's Avatar
RSX99 RSX99 is offline
Giggity..
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: WNY
Posts: 558
Default Re: Todays World of Web Browsing

Who uses Internet Exploder anyway?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-06-2011, 03:51 AM
vikingshadow's Avatar
vikingshadow vikingshadow is offline
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Where my stuff is. Duh!
Posts: 6,950
Default Re: Todays World of Web Browsing

Actually, I ALWAYS have Firefox and IE open at the same time. I work with both, usually multiple times a day. IE (especially 8)isn't that bad at all, it's just not pretty like the other browsers are. There's a reason most work places use it after all...
__________________
Pressing on
Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Anonymous
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-06-2011, 05:31 AM
marvin-martian's Avatar
marvin-martian marvin-martian is offline
Fluent in Stroll
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: virginia beach, va
Posts: 4,650
Default Re: Todays World of Web Browsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow View Post
Actually, I ALWAYS have Firefox and IE open at the same time. I work with both, usually multiple times a day. IE (especially 8)isn't that bad at all, it's just not pretty like the other browsers are. There's a reason most work places use it after all...
Just get the IE Tab app for FF. It renders your tab the way IE does it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota View Post
I'm betting if you have erectile disfunction pills, they will be popular with the moderators.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-06-2011, 07:26 AM
durrell's Avatar
durrell durrell is offline
wat
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,927
Default Re: Todays World of Web Browsing

Work places use it because it comes with Windows. That's it. IE is a HORRIFIC browser. Most websites have to use special code just to get pages to render correctly in IE.

That being said, IE9 was a huge improvement.
__________________
lol paintball
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-06-2011, 08:45 AM
shunut's Avatar
shunut shunut is offline

Respected, period.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 5,357
Default Re: Todays World of Web Browsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrell View Post
Work places use it because it comes with Windows. That's it. IE is a HORRIFIC browser. Most websites have to use special code just to get pages to render correctly in IE.


It really sucks when a webpage works and looks good in every browser but IE, then you remember you forgot to put all the extra code for IE in your CSS and have to go back and fix it all. I've considered putting a script to detect what browser someone was using, and if it came back IE, having them directed to a page that said, "I apologize but this website does not support IE, mainly because for some reason or another Microsoft decided to make it the only browser that requires different coding to make a webpage look right." Then having links below that for downloading Firefox, Chrome, Safari...
__________________
Viva La KUSA!

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy


Shunut Creations
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-06-2011, 08:48 AM
marvin-martian's Avatar
marvin-martian marvin-martian is offline
Fluent in Stroll
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: virginia beach, va
Posts: 4,650
Default Re: Todays World of Web Browsing

Are there still sites that only show IE correctly? Awhile ago there were a couple I had trouble with (hence why I got the app)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyshoota View Post
I'm betting if you have erectile disfunction pills, they will be popular with the moderators.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-06-2011, 11:57 AM
durrell's Avatar
durrell durrell is offline
wat
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,927
Default Re: Todays World of Web Browsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin-martian View Post
Are there still sites that only show IE correctly? Awhile ago there were a couple I had trouble with (hence why I got the app)
There are very few sites that may require some antiquated ActiveX type junk that may not work in other browsers, but pretty much everyone wised up with the whole IE6 fiasco. You're going to pretty much start seeing Chrome and Webkit (Safari,Opera) rule the roost, I think.
__________________
lol paintball
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-06-2011, 04:30 PM
vikingshadow's Avatar
vikingshadow vikingshadow is offline
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Where my stuff is. Duh!
Posts: 6,950
Default Re: Todays World of Web Browsing

See, I don't get that at all about IE. I never have a problem with it - it looks fine to me, it does what I want it to do, and personally, most work places Ive been in say that they use it, not just because it came with windows, but because it works fine enough for what is necessary at the workplace. Granted, none of them were IT, but it really does what it needs to do, so I don't understand the hate. Personally, I do like FF better for some reason, but I don't get how IE is so bad.

Oh well. No harm, no foul!
__________________
Pressing on
Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Anonymous
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-06-2011, 04:45 PM
TheDarkShadow's Avatar
TheDarkShadow TheDarkShadow is offline
add 1,794 posts
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South East IN
Posts: 2,774
Default Re: Todays World of Web Browsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow View Post
See, I don't get that at all about IE. I never have a problem with it - it looks fine to me, it does what I want it to do, and personally, most work places Ive been in say that they use it, not just because it came with windows, but because it works fine enough for what is necessary at the workplace. Granted, none of them were IT, but it really does what it needs to do, so I don't understand the hate. Personally, I do like FF better for some reason, but I don't get how IE is so bad.

Oh well. No harm, no foul!
Yeah Vike, I've never really had a problem with IE either. although now that I'm used to chrome, I like it a lot better. IE seems so slow now.
__________________
E-framed Sonix Pro
2009/2010 bone stock sonix
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-07-2011, 05:51 AM
DFSniper's Avatar
DFSniper DFSniper is offline
Official SOC Short Bus Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Posts: 8,401
Default Re: Todays World of Web Browsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin-martian View Post
Are there still sites that only show IE correctly? Awhile ago there were a couple I had trouble with (hence why I got the app)
the only time i have problems rendering pages is if the site doesnt like to play nice with my adblock/noscript and i dont feel like digging through the site to figure out what i need to unblock to get it to run right.
__________________
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:34 AM.