Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Kingman Training > 11mm markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2011, 05:18 AM
New Guy

Default Modified kingman pistols

Thought I'd post something here as so far I have not seen anyone talk or try to modify a kingman pistol. While I enjoy the weight and balance I felt there where a few cosmetic changes I wanted to make the results are below, I hope this encourages other people to post there modded markers as i'm sure there must be more out there.

And just for comparison and yes my pistol is a chaser.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:23 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Default Re: Modified kingman pistols

interesting. hope you dont spook the cops...
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 03-09-2011, 05:42 AM
add 1,794 posts

what all did you do? ha yeah i probably wouldnt take that anywhere you couldnt take a real gun
Old 03-09-2011, 06:11 AM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
interesting. hope you dont spook the cops...
Thanks I take that as a compliment as I wanted a more milsim look.
In my opinion no paintball marker should be taken out of it's case anywhere other than a field or maintenance at home. Even then all my barrel plugs are orange. Missuse of paintball equipment is always a problem but I'm sure that's subject for another post.

Darkshadow:
Main differences are the grip has been rework and the slide rail extended back and close off slightly with the body below stripped and clear coated.
The co2 casing has been cut down so it does not extend the grip, it is slotted and tightened with a quarter, at over 50 shots a on a single co2 I don't need to be changing out mid game.

Last edited by EnglishDave : 03-09-2011 at 06:26 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDave View Post
Thanks I take that as a compliment as I wanted a more milsim look.
In my opinion no paintball marker should be taken out of it's case anywhere other than a field or maintenance at home. Even then all my barrel plugs are orange. Missuse of paintball equipment is always a problem but I'm sure that's subject for another post.
that being said, i love how you fixed the ugliness of the trigger guard. what kind of accuracy do you get? i cant see .43 cal being used for anything other than a sidearm.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
Old 03-10-2011, 03:54 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Arrow Re: Modified kingman pistols

There's not really much you can do, nor need to do to improve these pistollivers. Only thing I might want to do is add an illuminated tritium or at least a white or dayglo dotted front sight element and something like a Hogue Handall rubber grip sleeve. There might even be room for a mechanical trigger job and a way to improve the detent system -

Far as what you did, all looks good. The only thing I think is not too practical was cutting the bottom off the Co2 holder. If you ever needed to quick change a 12g, you'd be SOL. It's a tough enough job with the small lever for leverage on the bottom in the stock configuration. I couldn't see trying to find a quarter and all that's involved with that -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 03-16-2011, 05:41 PM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON View Post
There's not really much you can do, nor need to do to improve these pistollivers. Only thing I might want to do is add an illuminated tritium or at least a white or dayglo dotted front sight element and something like a Hogue Handall rubber grip sleeve. There might even be room for a mechanical trigger job and a way to improve the detent system-
Thanks for the input I actually have a hogue handall here I was going to use for another project, I tried it on the kingman and it just does not look right IMO I like the style of it though and may end up grinding it and fabricating that style of grip into the pistol. Thanks for the illuminated sight idea would have never given that any thought but I might look into cleaning up the sights with something like that.

Changing the co2 is only something I generally do after the game as this is only my backup sidearm. As its .43 I find the kingman is perfect for this and prefer it to my other pistols.

Reading back on the earlier post got me thinking about my main paintball marker, if you think modding my pistol would give me grief.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:16 PM

nice phenom. i miss my HK416-A5 some days... it was just too bulky for paintball. my next milsim gun (once im done with my rifle) will be a UMP45.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote: