Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2011, 10:07 PM
What is it that keeps drawing me back to buying a Spyder when I can buy any other gun of my choice?!?

Post Spyder VS2 Issue

Hey guys, I know this might be a "simple fix" question... I used to own a few VS series guns a little while back, and this is the one problem I can't remember how I fixed.

Plain and simple: When I turn the gun on and and pull the trigger (without air and all) it makes the click noise as usual. But when I cock the gun, my sear isn't tripping the striker. I tried 3 different batteries, and they're all charged. I know I had this problem before, and for the life of me, I can't remember how I solved it...

Any input is appreciated! Thanks

EDIT

I just remembered that the problem I had before was solved when I got a new board. New board = new capacitor... Is it reasonable to assume the capacitor went bad? I mean, its cheaper to buy a Tadao board for $6.99 then to get a new capacitor for $10 ha Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by Paintball Freak : 03-03-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:49 PM
dorito man

Default Re: Spyder VS2 Issue

If it is the capacitor, I would get the Tadao board. I know my Vs3 is very fussing with batteries and will only take the 9.6 volt batteries to work with fully releasing my bolt. Are you using the 9.6 volt rechargeables?
Old 03-04-2011, 04:34 AM
add 1,794 posts

you should be able to tell if it's the capacitor by looking on the end of it. if it's flat it's fine, if it's bowed its blown.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:47 AM
What is it that keeps drawing me back to buying a Spyder when I can buy any other gun of my choice?!?

Well... Here's the NEW deal. I tried two different capacitors, two different boards, two different sears, strikers, batteries, etc. In other words, I own a VS2 and VS3, and I switched everything around to see what would work. I can't get either one to work now with any combination of parts. So now I have to try what Talon was saying about it having to be the 9.6 volt batteries. Only trouble is that I have 2 of the stock 9.6 batteries, but no charger... gahh. I don't really want to spend 22 bucks for a new charger either...
Old 03-04-2011, 12:29 PM
dorito man

If you have the batteries, you can pick up a car charger for 6 bucks, waller charger for 15. If you have both the VS2 and 3 try to switch the silinoid , that way not be fully working even if you do hear the clicks.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:25 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, I actually forgot to say that I always tried swapping the solenoids :/ I also just picked up a wall charger for 10 bucks on ebay So when that gets here, I'll post up what I discover! Thanks for the input.