Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2011, 06:45 PM

Default Increase Pressure not increasing velosity

I played paintball today and my marker could not get above 250 on the chrono. I have my marker set up for low pressure and it was working good last summer at 300-200. Today it did not and I bumped it up to 400-500 and it did not increase above 250 on the chrono. Is that crazy or what?
I have a soft spring on the front and med on the back.
Also when I went to play it acted like it was out of air and half the time did not recock. I have stripped it down and the brass pin in the lowpressure valve had unscrewed a little not alot just a little. that that was weird.
Any ideas on what the problem may be?
Old 02-12-2011, 06:56 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

When is the last time you fully cleaned and lubed it?

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 02-12-2011, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Increase Pressure not increasing velosity

I cleaned and lubbed it the night before. I knew it had been sitting awhile before I played.I had an E99 trigger on it and the last time I used I put a fenix trigger on it. The fenix has a stiffer spring than the E99. Not sure if that may have been the problem. It is tough to say because I have done so many different things to upgrade it. low pressure valve, bob long regulator, upgraded springs,
Old 02-12-2011, 10:24 PM
dorito man

Check for leaks and o-rings
Old 02-13-2011, 01:29 PM

This time a year, if you're using Co2 in the cold atmosphere, you will get low velocities. If that's what your situation is, anyway.

Otherwise you make no mention which marker you're speaking of and what the LP configuration consists of. Tough to diagnose things with nothing at all to go on.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:43 AM

Oh I have the LP valve not sure of the brand. Drilled out the holes in the front part, got a larger expansion thing in the front, also got a soft spring in front and med in back. OH and got a bob long regulator to control pressure.
Oh and the part on the top that hits the ball I replaced that also. I took it apart and screwed that head down on the brass valve thing and it seems to have fixed it.
I have another question. what do the different springs do? As far as having a heavier or weaker spring on the front or a heavier or weaker spring on the back?

Oh also I have an E99 with fenix trigger.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by volleybiggs View Post
Oh I have the LP valve not sure of the brand. Drilled out the holes in the front part, got a larger expansion thing in the front, also got a soft spring in front and med in back. OH and got a bob long regulator to control pressure.
Oh and the part on the top that hits the ball I replaced that also. I took it apart and screwed that head down on the brass valve thing and it seems to have fixed it.
I have another question. what do the different springs do? As far as having a heavier or weaker spring on the front or a heavier or weaker spring on the back?

Oh also I have an E99 with fenix trigger.
Damn, you went for the harder mods before knowing what the springs do? You've got some Gutz!