Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2010, 12:09 PM
New Guy

Default boards for my egrip?

hi everybody. im new here and my spyder is a compact 2-in-1 with an egrip on it. i was wondering if there were aftermarket boards that fit this egrip:

http://www.sportsauthority.com/produ...LAID=129741245

it has a switch in the back with three positions. i haven't a clue which type of egrip it is so i thought i would ask you guys before i went out looking for a new board, because you are the most knowledgable people i know of when it comes to spyders.

thanks in advance
Old 12-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Heavy Metal

Default Re: boards for my egrip?

I believe the Virtue board fits all Spyder grips. Slim will know more about that than me though.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:44 PM
New Guy

okay cool. i've been looking closely at the virtue board and, due to a cancelled Germany trip, i will have about $400 to spend. of course, this is going to paintball thanks for your input
Old 12-18-2010, 01:09 PM

That is the newest version e-frame by Spyder. For the most part, any board made specifically for Spyder's will fit any Spyder made e-frame. Sometimes modifications are needed to the connectors or for button placement. Lucky, Tadao, Scenario Dreams and Virtue boards are the only ones I know of that are made specifically for Spyder's. Virtue are the most expensive. Thing about these boards is with the higher ROF's, there more chance of chopping paint as a result unless you go through the whole process of adding eyes. My suggestion would be to just use the board in that e-frame since your Compact is not setup for eyes. Just get a decent hopper and you should be good to go.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:20 PM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SundragonPPS View Post
That is the newest version e-frame by Spyder. For the most part, any board made specifically for Spyder's will fit any Spyder made e-frame. Sometimes modifications are needed to the connectors or for button placement. Lucky, Tadao, Scenario Dreams and Virtue boards are the only ones I know of that are made specifically for Spyder's. Virtue are the most expensive. Thing about these boards is with the higher ROF's, there more chance of chopping paint as a result unless you go through the whole process of adding eyes. My suggestion would be to just use the board in that e-frame since your Compact is not setup for eyes. Just get a decent hopper and you should be good to go.
yeah i see your point. i have a vlocity jr hopper and a fasta 9v. i have to admit, between my Ion, A-5, which i've put a few hundred dollars in, and my Spyder with a few ups, i am drawn to my spyder the most. theres just something about spyders that i completely love. i think its the way they look and feel in my hands. but i digress, so yeah im probably going to stick with the stock board and in the future if i decide to put eyes on my spyder, which i probably will because thats who i am, i will lean towards the virute most likely. thanks for the help you guys (:
Old 02-07-2011, 03:30 AM
Spyder Vet

http://cgi.ebay.com/Spyder-Spitfire-Ugrade-Board_W0QQitemZ260732827290QQcategoryZ10554QQcmdZV iewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26 itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D2%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3 D6917923798095400510
I just picked one up for my pilot acs. It should be here in a week or so.
These colors will never run.