Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Re: New Years Resolution

I have New Year Suggestions - not Resolutions, haha. I suggest to myself that there are things I should and probably should be doing. That way, the ones that actually get done are the suggestions I agreed with and took.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:32 AM

Making the resolutions are easyĖmaking them stick? Not so much. Here are 10 tips to help you keep your resolutions:

1. Write it down. Putting pen to paper is a great way to clarify what it is you want to accomplish. You can use a journal or just write a sentence on an index card that you tape to your mirror.

2. Manage expectations. Itís OK to break your resolution in the first week, you just have to be willing to get back on the horse. For many, January just isnít the right time. Start fresh in March, or June.

3. Get a buddy to do it with you. Everyone knows itís easier to do things with a partnerĖgrab a friend or family member and work on your resolutions together.

4. Revisit it. Youíre going to have to review and revise your goals as you go throughout the year.

5. Be SMART. Rather than just toss off a non-specific resolution, set a SMART goal. These goals are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and timely. If your goals have measurable and specific ends, youíll meet them more easily.

6. Donít remove, add. Replace bad habits with good ones. Framing your resolution positively will make you more likely to want to meet it!

7. Make it public. Tell people what youíre up to, youíll be more likely to stick to it.

8. Stick to a schedule. If you plan to exercise more, for instance, build no less than three workouts into your calendar at a time when you know youíll be able to actually do it.

9. Create a vision board. It might sound hokey, but having a visual representation of your goals can really help! Cut out images and phrases from magazines, write out your favorite inspiring quote, grab some photos. Place them all on a poster or corkboard and keep them in plain view.

10. Celebrate! The joy in resolutions is in the journey. Accept that this will be an ongoing process and celebrate yourself and your unique experiences. And if you donít quite get there, thereís always 2012!
Old 01-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Respected Player

Pass all my class, stop eating fast food, get more into photography, and save up enough for a WRX. I wasn't going to do a New Years Resolution but I decided to just try haha.