Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Deltafreak

Default Scenario?

I love x ball and speed ball but one of my best friends hates it. Hes big on scenario paintball i dont mind scenario. But our local field has a joke of a scenario course. I have heard of oklahoma d day and a few other big games but i would like to try a big scenario atleast once. I want one that is ran right before i leave my judgement solely on speed ball. So any thoughts on scenario and any good games and places to play scenario. We live in the south bend indiana area which is 3 hrs north of indianapolis and 2 hrs east of chicago.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Default Re: Scenario?

the scenario is what the promoter - and you - make of it.

Scenarios are generally mission based...so the more missions completed, the more points are awarded towards a win.

You need portable water because the games are generally 7 or more hours long. Any 3L [100oz] hydration bladder will do.

With your particular set up, envision your "paint to gas" ratio. A 20oz tank gets approx 1100 shots per fill on most HP/blowback markers...so carrying 2500 balls is simply a waste of energy and resources [unless you carry a 2nd bottle in your pack].

Wear COMFY footwear...something you can be in for HOURS.

If it's your first at that field, try to get a 'field walk' before the game starts.

Every scenario has a different set of rules. KNOW THE RULES [OF THAT GAME] BEFORE GOING. This helps eliminate 'issues' on the field when you get there.

Radios are cool but pretty much a waste of time...unless you HAVE to keep in contact with someone [command].

Bore your paint to your barrel properly and then take along the next size up. Sometime later when the paint warms up it will swell. Having the next-larger barrel/insert will help reduce barrel breaks for you.

Headwear is important...either in the form of a DU rag or BB cap and depending on your location on the field...have clear and smoked lenses available. Inside the treelines, use clear or gradient. Out in the open, used tinted or mirrored.

A vest is nicer than a pack because it distributes the weight of your gear over your whole body...not just on the small of your back. A remote line [regardless of marker] is a good idea as well.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Deltafreak

Great thanks druid, what about places to play i live in the south bend indiana area and dont know that im ready to drive to Oklahoma for d day.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:52 AM

Theres a field locator map on that other forum (pbnation), that might be a good place to look.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:18 PM

Respected, period.

I'm not sure how close this place is to you but I've heard nothing but great things about Sherwood Forrest. I know they are doing scenario events often.

http://www.sherwoodpaintball.com/

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 11-26-2010, 09:27 AM
Deltafreak

Laporte is pretty close thanks shunut! I will have to check it out.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:44 PM
New Guy

Like the tourney scene, scenario hosts naturally work hard to make the game rules are fair and enforced, everything runs smoothly, and it's fun for everyone, but you're aways going to have problems. That in mind, DDay is worth checking out.

Decent radios are a great asset if you're playing with team mates you work well with. Look into the Puxing 777 series. They run about $60 and are way more secure and have a much better range than the Walmart radios. With everybody using those and channel surfing on those, com security is imposible and general use is spotty at best. It gets worse than a theme park (where most people have given up on the idea years ago anyway). DDay uses the VHF version for allies and UHF for Axis if you want to take that into consideration.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

http://www.trisquare.us/tsx300.htm

and Staples sells them I believe
Old 12-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Winter099

In Hobart Indiana there is Blast Camp Paintball, they use an old army missle base as the field. They run "big games" in every season. In Crete Illinois there is Badlandz Paintball, they to also run "big games" every season. I play at both and they are great scenario fields. Badlandz is a wooded field. both of these fields have games in Jan., just check out their websites for info and directions