FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2010, 06:37 PM
New Guy

Default upgrades

what are some recommended upgrades?
Old 07-03-2010, 11:34 AM
New Guy

Default Re: upgrades

I added a 45 degree swivel bipod, 50 round tactical hopper, 16 inch recon barrel with Apex (all from rap4.com) pics coming soon
Old 07-07-2010, 06:20 AM

is the MR4 a .50 cal? And what is the BPS?
Old 07-07-2010, 08:03 AM
Friendly fire is not so freindly

Pretty sure the MR-4 is .68 cal and it is semi-auto

MR-2

MR-4

TM-7

Pump
Old 07-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Life is peachy

What he said ^

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 07-09-2010, 04:18 PM
New Guy

.68 cal mechanical... but an e-trigger is only a matter of time - I'm planning on getting one.
APEX Tip
50 Round TAC Hopper
Modded Stock
Old 10-12-2010, 04:24 PM
New Guy

I just purchased a MR4, used strictly for military training. I wanted to installed a 6-position collaps. stock, but am unsure of the requirements for a spring-set as I am new to this arena. Any suggestions on a new buttstock and are there any additional requirements to get one added. Any help would be appreciated, thnx!
Old 10-13-2010, 11:41 AM
New Guy

For the butstock, use any spyder mr but stock or if you want you can use a normal syder butstocks available but it leaves that top tube open, and i found that with the stock in i get "slightly" better air efficency, only slightly thou. But if you can find the butstock thats on the stormer, that one will fit, or any other mr series butstocks. Rap4 has a few, you could also look at websites such as ansgear or go to your local paintball shop and see what you can order though them.

The rap4 spring set is decent as well, but you want a spring kit that will include valve and hammer/striker springs. I currently use a heavy valve spring with a medium striker spring and my dial turned in all the way i get crono'd at 270-285 normaly

No new bolts exsist yet for the mr4 as of yet, its using a newer side cocking bolt that is slightly longer then most other spyder bolts, and the cocking rod position is farther up the bolt the what is usual. For the striker/hammer there are delrin/alluminm strikers out there by companies such as alamo paintball comp. However i have had strange performance with these strikers and my e-trigger i have on it. They dont seem to catch very well and cause that "out of air" effect untill i put the origanal striker back it.

Handgrips are nice, but mostly dependent on what you feel like you need. The rails and sight on the thing are useless, with a mask on you can't use them even if they were dependable....which they are not. Get a new rail for the looks or take them off they are ugly and usless IMO. There are no magazine mods out there either, unless you want to mill one. I would suggest thou that you get the rubber piccitany rail covers, they look nice and give it a nicer hold if you dont have a handgrip.

Barrels, lots of chocies out there, but make sure whatever barrel you get FITS IN THE SHROUD...any barrel that is a "tactical" paintball barrel is a garantee fit as long as is it spyder threaded, if the barrel your looking at has lots of bumps and ridges on it, it probly wont fit. For length between 12-16in is where you will notice the best performance and range variations, past 16 in you getting that many inch's extra range for incressed air use and slightly better accracy. I personaly use a 14in lapco bigshot. Also check the barrel caliber. almost every barrel has a caliber on it, most common sizes are .688,6.89, and 6.90. belive it or not .68 paintballs are not true .68cal they will norm bet slightly bigger. THIS IS NORMAL.

......get an HPA tank, works so much better then Co2, even if the marker claims to work well with Co2, the only thing it has going is the new valve setup they got for it, there is no expansion chamber or regulator in the marker, if they threw a expansion chamber on the thing and a regulator for Co2 im sure the thing could break the 2k ball per 20oz.

For the BPS thing Zues...if you keep it mech its bps is however fast you can pull the trigger, i cant imagain it getting over 7-8bps with that trigger, if you put a mr e-trigger on it.....the board is capable of 36bps, with full auto at 15bps and if you try really hard you might break 17bps semi if your reallllllyyy good at walking the trigger...also there is a sweet spot on the e-trigger that when setting it up will get you 22bps because the recoil causes the trigger the fire again.

YES IT IS .68 CAL MARKER...the spyder STORMER is the .50 cal milsim by kingman.
Orange wasp bolt
ACP delrine striker
Rap4 Spring kit(valve+striker)
Crosman DoveTail RedDot sight
Dye wraparound triggergrip
Hair trigger-unknown maker
MR4
Rap4 Carbine 6 position Butstock
5-position folding foregrip
Lapco 14" bigshot assualt barrel G36 Muzzle Break
X36-x7 Rail/carry handle
RAP4 spring kit(valve+striker)\