Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2008, 07:39 PM
New Guy

Default 05 Spyder Electra ACS Problems-Please Help

Please help me! Hello, I am having a few problems with my 05 Spyder Electra ACS. The first problem I am having is that when I first turn it on and pull the trigger, it makes a quiet clicking noise but doesn't fire. Then after pressing trigger or a minute or two it will make the louder clicking noise and fire like it should. But if I turn of the gun for a minute or so and turn it back on I have the same problem. My second problem I am having is that it eats up the battery very quickly and in less than an hour the red low battery light comes on. I am using a 9 volt battery instead of 9.6 volt rechargeable only because the person I bought the gun from and also an owner of a paintball facility told me that the rechargeable ones aren't very good. Is this true or should I only be using the 9.6 rechargeable battery. Do you know what could be causing these problems. I also have a tippman A5 with Egrip and the 9volt battery in that gun lasts a long time compared to my spyder. My last question is that the top cocking knob or lever that is attached to the bolt came loose when I was playing paintball and I lost it. Do you know where I can get a replacement one? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Old Enough

Default Re: 05 Spyder Electra ACS Problems-Please Help

Use only 9.6volt Spyder Rechargeables on this gun. there is a combo kit that comes with the charger.

http://www.spyder.tv/section/product...ies/index.html

You can buy the top cocking knob from Kingman. Give them a call...
Old 08-27-2008, 06:43 PM
New Guy

I just ordered the Spyder 9.6 volt rechargeable battery for it, so hopefully this fixes the problem. Do you think this is also what is causing the gun not to fire when I first turn it on? What happens when I first turn it on is it makes a quiet clicking noise when I pull the trigger, but the gun doesn't fire and also solenoid doesn't move. Almost like the solenoid is sticking, but not sure what is going on. Then after pulling trigger for a few minutes or if I manually press the solenoid in, the solenoid will finally start moving and making the louder clicking noise it should make and then the gun will fire. So do you think that using the 9.6 volt rechargable battery will correct this problem or what do you think is causing this issue?
Old 08-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Has Been

if you dont cock the gun the gun wont shoot.
It may be because of the Battery. You really shouldnt of used a 9 volt on it. It could ruin your board.

Welocme to the forums! Feel free to ask questions and to read the Ultimate Resource Thread in my sig (below this post) It will help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:08 PM
New Guy

I ordered the 9.6 volt rechargeable battery and it lasts much longer than the 9 volt I was using. I also ordered a new top cocking knob, so those problems are solved. My only problem that still remains is that when I first turn on the gun and pull the trigger, it will just make a quiet clicking noise and not fire. Its almost like the solenoid is sticking or something. If I manually press the round part of solenoid in with my finger, then it starts working right away. This seems to be the quickest way for me to get it to work, otherwise eventially it will start to work if I keep pressing the trigger for several minutes. I also tried loosening the grips, but it even does it when I don't have the grips on. Once I get it to work, it will keep working unless I turn the gun off for several minutes, then the problems starts again. Can anyone tell me what could be causing this problem. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:35 PM
New Guy

hey man, did you ever get this figured out? im haveing the exact same problem wiht my mr2
Old 08-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

This happened to me with my spyder pilot ACS. the solenoid sticks sometimes, and i think it's because it magnetizes and sticks to the metal frame. all you need to do to fix it is stick a small scrap of paper or something non conductive in between the back of the solenoid and the trigger frame. should solve the problem.