Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Grammar Nazi in training

Default Azodin KP pump?

I was researching a company my friend told me about today, Azodin (i'm sure most of you have heard of it. i havent cuz i've been out of the sport for so long). I saw, on their site, the KP. I've been looking for a pump for awhile, but have never had the money to pursue it. I researched the price and found it to be about $150 at different sites. I am now researching reviews on PBR. I like that its a spyder clone, because spyder is a brand i'm so familiar with.. I'm loving the price tag and i've read a few good reviews. I was wondering what you guys think? Worth it?

Pilot Owner's Club Member #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSiv_Force
Here is the ultimate How Not to get bruises..........................
DONT GET HIT
My Photobucket photography Album
Old 04-25-2010, 07:37 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Default Re: Azodin KP pump?

Based on the PBR reviews it seems solid, and its cheap. What the heck is the KP+ though? Electro-pump???
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 04-25-2010, 07:48 PM
Gun Whore Extraodinair......113 And Counting

IMO there complete crap. They had a few out at the last pump day and I tried one out and was far from impressed. The valve kept "farting" on every shot, which is highly annoying in itself. It wasn't consistent, which is a huge deal when your shooting 1 ball at a time. Two finger trigger on a pump=fail. Overall the gun just felt like crap.

I would much rather pick up a used pump cocker off pbn for around the same amount or if you want new, save about 100 more and get the SM1:
http://paintballgateway.com/sm1samahabls.html

I would serious consider a used cocker, I just went through the 2 pages on b/s/t pump on pbn and there was atleast 10 cockers for 150-160.

EDIT:

NEVER look at PBR for actual info, those are a bunch of noobs posting that something is amazing 10 sec after they open the box. ever notice that almost every review is 10/10, "most amazing thing i ever used"

Back to gun whoring.....

armedfuture (8:12:32 PM): I'm a big angel
paintball6684 (8:16:09 PM): more like out of control, raging ginger
armedfuture (8:16:40 PM): noooooooo...........
Old 04-25-2010, 07:57 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Hmm.. well then.. phantom!?
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 04-25-2010, 08:29 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Arrow Re: Azodin KP pump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob Hayward View Post
Hmm.. well then.. phantom!?
You can remove that question mark. Undoubtedly the best pump on the market. You can prolly find a brand new base model on the net for around $180. It is the original modular pump marker with tons of possible configurations and tons of anodizing choices as well. Light, efficient, accurate with stellar customer service -

Just got a 13/3K for my babies. I'm eager to see the difference from using a/s Co2 -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 04-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Grammar Nazi in training

Quote:
Based on the PBR reviews it seems solid, and its cheap. What the heck is the KP+ though? Electro-pump???
KP+ is the electro version. completely pointless, if you ask me and many other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddytaco View Post
IMO there complete crap. They had a few out at the last pump day and I tried one out and was far from impressed. The valve kept "farting" on every shot, which is highly annoying in itself. It wasn't consistent, which is a huge deal when your shooting 1 ball at a time. Two finger trigger on a pump=fail. Overall the gun just felt like crap.

I would much rather pick up a used pump cocker off pbn for around the same amount or if you want new, save about 100 more and get the SM1:
http://paintballgateway.com/sm1samahabls.html

I would serious consider a used cocker, I just went through the 2 pages on b/s/t pump on pbn and there was atleast 10 cockers for 150-160.

EDIT:

NEVER look at PBR for actual info, those are a bunch of noobs posting that something is amazing 10 sec after they open the box. ever notice that almost every review is 10/10, "most amazing thing i ever used"
i do prefer new, unless i find a used that's in really good shape and the seller has good reviews. i will look for cockers..
and thanks for the pbr advice, i did notice that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON View Post
You can remove that question mark. Undoubtedly the best pump on the market. You can prolly find a brand new base model on the net for around $180. It is the original modular pump marker with tons of possible configurations and tons of anodizing choices as well. Light, efficient, accurate with stellar customer service -

Just got a 13/3K for my babies. I'm eager to see the difference from using a/s Co2 -
i have also looked at phantoms in the past. but they seem so expensive and i would have to make sure to save the extra money to buy a 3.5oz Co2 tank. I'm not the biggest fan of 12 grams. and i didnt know you could find them new for 180. I will definately have to look for that...

thanks everyone.

Quote:
DONT GET HIT
Old 04-26-2010, 09:40 AM
Grammar Nazi in training

Is this what you were talking about with the cheap Phantom? Also, would i be able to thread in a 3.5oz Co2 tank into the back bottle on the first option? Otherwise I would have to save the extra $40.
Same question goes for the vertical bottle.

http://www.bulldogpaintball.com/phantom.html

Quote:
DONT GET HIT
Old 04-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

you can get phantoms for cheap now. i sold my VSC/OC setup for $200 (to a friend).

i saw one KP at the field on saturday, and the only problem it had with farting was because theres no return spring on the pump. i saw 2 cockers that were farting worse than the KP.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 04-26-2010, 11:42 AM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Damn those ARE cheap... I paid like 280 for my VSC, and that was at a discount too... guess it was fully loaded

If you get friendly with your local shop, they can probably hook you up with a good price.

Dragon, I heard that CA didn't work as well in the phantom design for some reason or another, which is why I currently use 12g's and have a 3.5 oz. tank. Definitely let us know how it works out though, as I'd be interested to see how they compare.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 04-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Grammar Nazi in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
you can get phantoms for cheap now. i sold my VSC/OC setup for $200 (to a friend).

i saw one KP at the field on saturday, and the only problem it had with farting was because theres no return spring on the pump. i saw 2 cockers that were farting worse than the KP.
Ok, i'm still debating between KP and Phantom, but if i can get a Phantom for the same price as that site, I might get one of those. I heard the KP farting problem can be solved by a heavier spring.

Quote:
Damn those ARE cheap... I paid like 280 for my VSC, and that was at a discount too... guess it was fully loaded

If you get friendly with your local shop, they can probably hook you up with a good price.

Dragon, I heard that CA didn't work as well in the phantom design for some reason or another, which is why I currently use 12g's and have a 3.5 oz. tank. Definitely let us know how it works out though, as I'd be interested to see how they compare.
I wish I had a local shop. My friend used to run one and i got all my paint and supplies from there, but he changed from paintball to snowboard/ski/skateboard. I'm not very happy with that.

Quote:
DONT GET HIT