Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > News & Updates
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Default Re: Smart Parts "Temporary" Closure

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSX99 View Post
American companies should not have the ability to relocate overseas. GG to the Feds for their collective inaction. Revolution anyone?
Hmm.....

Know anyone who drives a car or uses a cell phone? They aren't "American" so what's the issue?
Old 01-10-2010, 06:25 AM
add 1,794 posts

the vibe and the SP1 seem to be one of the only things that they really have going for them as far as good markers for the money
Old 01-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Spyder Addict

O U C H...Our country can't afford to lose jobs tha actually "creat" a product...
05 Pilot ACS - SPPS Dragon tail trigger, 50 gram switch, CCM feedneck, ACP Bolt, Sticky 3's, Trinity -7 deg. V/A, Rocket Valve, DH Titanium Striker, BL Torp., T board w/ Eyes, Cp Direct Mount On/Off, 275 fps@250 psi

VS2

Black to Olive PM6

"All men have fear. The brave ones lay it down and go forward...some unto death but all to victory!" - Kings Guard of Ancient Greece

OLD FART CLUB MEMBER
My Feedback
Old 01-14-2010, 12:16 AM
Giggity..

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
Hmm.....

Know anyone who drives a car or uses a cell phone? They aren't "American" so what's the issue?
You mean to tell me that every auto manufacturer has their product manufactured overseas? That's a fallacy because I know for a fact that the Ford Edge is produced right in Buffalo.

I cannot comment on the cell phone because I have no information regarding that matter.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:18 AM
Giggity..

On top of that point, you seem not to have an issue with the outsourcing of American jobs.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:58 AM
Resident *******

My BlackBerry was made in Mexico. Some are made in Hungary and some are made in the country that RIM is based out of, Canada. Most phones are made in Japan or elsewhere.

That doesn't matter in the end to the consumer so long as the product is the same. I feel bad for the employees, but its the Gardners that screwed them.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 01-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Gun Whore Extraodinair......113 And Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
because theyre not in it to make a good gun, theyre in it for the money. i mean, look how much the 09 impulse flopped. and that was their first new gun since the ion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkShadow View Post
the vibe and the SP1 seem to be one of the only things that they really have going for them as far as good markers for the money

I guess everybody forgot that the luxe is a smart parts gun made under the DLX name?

Overpriced for what it is, yes, but its still a nice gun.

Back to gun whoring.....

armedfuture (8:12:32 PM): I'm a big angel
paintball6684 (8:16:09 PM): more like out of control, raging ginger
armedfuture (8:16:40 PM): noooooooo...........
Old 01-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Seņor Member

Quote:
You mean to tell me that every auto manufacturer has their product manufactured overseas? That's a fallacy because I know for a fact that the Ford Edge is produced right in Buffalo.

I cannot comment on the cell phone because I have no information regarding that matter.
Actually, the Edge and MKX are built in Oakville, Ontario.. I drive past the plant the produces them regularly (not to mention the first digit of the VIN is 2 which = Canada). You might be thinking about the Escape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace24 View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this... but don't bash the Rails. :X
Old 01-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:

No. I mean to tell you that just about everything you own has either been made in, or from, foreign countries or materials. Not one thing you own since around 1980 doesn't have some foreign component to it. Hell...my 1972 Nova was made from US steel but assembled in Canada. Parts too. A car might be made here...but is made from materials from overseas...or vice versa. Same goes for yur cell phone, dvd player, Xbox, computer....whatever you have as 'entertainment' or transportation.

Quote:
On top of that point, you seem not to have an issue with the outsourcing of American jobs.
Well considering that I happen to have a father who was forced into early retirement because he was a US Steel worker...I think you are pointing the finger at the wrong person. I have a different perspective and it includes greedy company heads [AND employees] who insist on 100% healthcare coverage, union protections, high salaries and paid vacations...that drive the company to find a cheaper solution. You also seem to forget that automation of factories dwindles a worforce by thousands. Blame it on EVERYONE'S greed and the highly sought "technology revolution."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
My BlackBerry was made in Mexico. Some are made in Hungary and some are made in the country that RIM is based out of, Canada. Most phones are made in Japan or elsewhere.

That doesn't matter in the end to the consumer so long as the product is the same. I feel bad for the employees, but its the Gardners that screwed them.
To a point but as I've said before. The Gardner's wouldn't have done it, had the banks not called in their loans [because of their own Wall street messes]. Put the blame where it belongs...some to the Gardners but the rest elsewhere.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Giggity..

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlechaser View Post
Actually, the Edge and MKX are built in Oakville, Ontario.. I drive past the plant the produces them regularly (not to mention the first digit of the VIN is 2 which = Canada). You might be thinking about the Escape.
A huge banner on the side of the Buffalo Ford plant says otherwise. Maybe they're built in both locations?