Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2009, 08:04 PM
New Guy

Default Upgrades to a Pre-2000's Spyder

So I've got a Spyder from ~1999,.Standard no Low Pressure Chamber, Side Cocking, no 2 finger trigger, etc. I've started using it again and am wondering what upgrades are available for it & what parts fit it? Are all Spyder parts pretty much interchangeable or am I SOL for it being so old & have no options for upgrades?

Also, at the moment I've got a leak on my gun. It started out in the chamber below the barrel. I removed the large front screw (sorry, I don't know the technical name) & put a new O-ring on it & it pushed the leak from there so that now it's coming out of the barrel. Since then, i've also swapped out the O-rings on my valve & it's still leaking. at this point, I'm pretty sure it's the Cup Seal and yeah, I know they're cheap and easy to order online, but I'm playing this weekend & don't have a way to get one. Is there any way to fix this by lapping the seal on some sandpaper or something without damaging the gun?

Thanks,

Nate
Old 12-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Think with your dipstick............Jimmy !!!!!

Default Re: Upgrades to a Pre-2000's Spyder

man wish i could help, maybe a bump in the thread wil get the attention of some of the more seasoned vets.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:28 PM
add 1,794 posts

Default Re: Upgrades to a Pre-2000's Spyder

hmmm, well as far as upgrades go, you may be limited to an aftermarket barrel, and an e-frame. if you wanted you could polish your internals too. your bolt is different but the bottom internals should be the same as most other spyders. I'd replace the o-rings, considering that they are probably old, then see if you have a leak, then if needed so, replace the cup seal