Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2009, 04:22 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Arrow Re: Strange problem

Since you mentioned air from the eye covers, I'd suspect it was some sort of valve assembly leak leaking up through the bolt, can't say for sure. Try a kit like this and maybe even a cup seal to cover all bases of the valve. Lube everything with Dow33 if you have it since Dow has staying power. Don't ever use non-paintball oil. Make sure you can blow air through the balance valve, valve pin(yes it has a hole down the center of it) to clear any possible obstructions. Look in the manual to be sure you put the rings in the right places. The ones you might not know about is, there's one on the cup seal(very tiny) and one in the inside diameter of the rear valve body where the valve pin seals. That one is fun to take in and out **sarcasm** Be sure not to scratch the i/d of the rear valve body half in the process -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 10-30-2009, 05:59 PM
New Guy

Default Re: Strange problem

I just finished a deep clean and a relube of the whole marker. I even took apart the valve again and relubed every oring that I could find. I have already changed out all of the orings and the cup seal with the extras that came with the marker. I am using the Smart Parts Sleek Lube, which I think is Dow 33.

I also polished the striker to minimize the drag from operation. I put a few drops of gun oil in my asa and dry fired about 20 shots through it to lube the inside of the reg. I will be going out to the field to test it tomorrow since I have no backyard here to use. Hopefully I fixed the problem in one of the things that I did. We will see tomorrow.

Another questions if anyone knows. How can I tell if my eyes are bad? I have been playing with the eyes off for a while now because I forgot what the eyes setting looked like with the lights. I just had the eyes on and I put my finger in the breech (Bad idea I know, but I was holding the cocking knob incase I tripped the bolt) and nothing happened with the eyes in the on setting. I turned off the eyes and the trigger tripped the sear like it should. I noticed during a cleaning a while back that the wire for the eyes got pinched a little when I put the body back on the trigger frame. The metal is showing but not in a position where it could be grounding out. Any ideas about that?

Thanks again for all of your help guys. I really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON View Post
Since you mentioned air from the eye covers, I'd suspect it was some sort of valve assembly leak leaking up through the bolt, can't say for sure. Try a kit like this and maybe even a cup seal to cover all bases of the valve. Lube everything with Dow33 if you have it since Dow has staying power. Don't ever use non-paintball oil. Make sure you can blow air through the balance valve, valve pin(yes it has a hole down the center of it) to clear any possible obstructions. Look in the manual to be sure you put the rings in the right places. The ones you might not know about is, there's one on the cup seal(very tiny) and one in the inside diameter of the rear valve body where the valve pin seals. That one is fun to take in and out **sarcasm** Be sure not to scratch the i/d of the rear valve body half in the process -
Old 10-31-2009, 12:14 PM
New Guy

Update: Just got back from the field. Marker is still having problems. All problems are sporadic and inconsistent.

At first it was working fine but then upon reaching high rates of fire, sometimes the bolt wont cock all the way back. It might just be right on the edge of clicking all the way back and I have to manually get it the rest of the way. I have thought that maybe my CP reg isn't recharging fast enough to keep up with it.

Another problem is that sometimes after firing, the bolt will come half-way back and air will be coming out from the frame around the sear. This problem seems like the valve pin isn't closing all the way when the marker cycles and is getting stuck open. It will stop the leak and finally seal on its own at random times after occurrence. I have thought about a stiffer front spring (the one that goes in the LPC) to make sure the cup seal closes.

My ideas to fix these problems, since cleaning, changing all o-rings, and lubing everything hasn't been working, is to look for a new balance valve and regulator.

Any other ideas of what could be happening would be greatly appreciated. As of right now I am going back to stock, since it worked fine before I screwed with it. I will see if that fixes it.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:30 PM
New Guy

Further Update: I have been reading on Pbnation and someone mentioned to check the tightness of the set screw for the balance valve. I recall that since I took the gun apart I have been tightening it down pretty tight. This might have made the o-rings to have a gap on one side of the valve. I just cleaned and relubed the whole gun and didnt put the screw in as tight. I will try it out later today and see if that fixed it. I'll Keep my fingers crossed.

Does this sound like something that could happen?
Old 11-06-2009, 04:10 PM
HuNt DoWn AnD PuRsUe

Hello

I have had this problem many times before. But one day i figured it out. I disassembled the whole gun. When i took out the valve i had notice it was unscrewing. That was my problem.

Problem:
More than likely the valve is loosening up when you air it up and shoot.

Solution:
I put some LOCTITE THREAD LOCKER RED 271 on the threads of the valve body. My valve hasn't loosen up since. Let the LOCTITE dry for at least 24 hours before reassembly. This will not damage the valve or threads.

Please pm me if this solves your problem

Old 11-07-2009, 02:00 PM
New Guy

Had a small recocking problem today at high ROF but I think that has something to do with not enough back pressure on the bolt because I chopped paint when it happened. Then I was having recocking problems dry firing. After today's semi success, I have changed back to the stock parts and I will go out again next weekend and try it again. If I have no problems at all with the stock parts then I know that there is something not working right with the upgraded parts. We will see.

I will keep updating as I progress with my problem.