Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Gun Whore Extraodinair......113 And Counting

Default Re: A switch to 50 cal?

Its going to fail, not enough people/fields will be willing to dump there entire set of gear just make adjust to smaller paintballs.

Back to gun whoring.....

armedfuture (8:12:32 PM): I'm a big angel
paintball6684 (8:16:09 PM): more like out of control, raging ginger
armedfuture (8:16:40 PM): noooooooo...........
Old 09-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Ich will mehr, immer mehr, genau wie du, immer mehr

i think were going to **** up our sport for some reason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LePFytcdYfw

VS2:Stock, red body kit, 14" 32* Whisper barrel, Fasta
Victor 2:halfbacked, ESP Frame T- Board, VS2 Barrel, Magna Valve, ND Valve Pin, Drilled VA, Polished Striker, Bandit 2 O-ring Delrin Bolt, Custom Trigger, Rex Expansion Chamber, ND Feedneck, T-board

Last edited by fatkidfrompbaz : 09-30-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:21 PM

I don't see why they'd even consider doing this. For the most part .43 cal paintball isn't doing too good right now and they're way more expensive than the regular .68s we all shoot. So i don't get why they would introduce a new size of paint
Old 10-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Spyder Addict

OH Boy...This is nuts...this is going to turn into a joke...
05 Pilot ACS - SPPS Dragon tail trigger, 50 gram switch, CCM feedneck, ACP Bolt, Sticky 3's, Trinity -7 deg. V/A, Rocket Valve, DH Titanium Striker, BL Torp., T board w/ Eyes, Cp Direct Mount On/Off, 275 fps@250 psi

VS2

Black to Olive PM6

"All men have fear. The brave ones lay it down and go forward...some unto death but all to victory!" - Kings Guard of Ancient Greece

OLD FART CLUB MEMBER
My Feedback
Old 10-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Life is peachy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray88 View Post
I don't see why they'd even consider doing this. For the most part .43 cal paintball isn't doing too good right now and they're way more expensive than the regular .68s we all shoot. So i don't get why they would introduce a new size of paint

The reasoning behind it as I understand it is to make paint cheeper for the players. Im still in doubt that this is going to happen, but you never know.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 10-01-2009, 06:54 PM

It seems like it would make everything lighter; less air to push the balls out, smaller tanks etc... Remember, companies exist to make profit and if they feel this could somehow increase said profits, it will become reality. They know we will follow any market trends introduced by the industry because we all embrace the sport to the point of talking about all this stuff on forums like this one. I'll buy what I have to if it comes to that point; I just want some new freakin grips for my 09 Electra!!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM

Wasn't there a thread on here somewhere where someone came up with the idea of using higher grade field and charging more for less to also make it "better" for us? Why have they been thinking up bogus ideas lately?
Old 10-05-2009, 02:30 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

You know, I don't actually think this is so ridiculous. Why? Because kigman dominates the entry level market. Who buys entry level markers? New players who don't really know that much about what they're getting into. As long as they can get their hands on the paint, people will be buying those markers (they probably wouldn't think twice about it).

So why should this help make a change? Aftermarket companies are going to want tap the large market created by these players (after all who doesn't want more profit) and from there we're going to start seeing high end markers etc. etc. and the same aftermarket companies will have learned enough dev'ing parts for the low end to be able to support the high end.

This is not to say .68 cal is going anywhere. At least not in the next 10 years (if ever), I wouldn't worry too much. I'm just interested to see what happens. After all, whose against paying less to play? I would be psyched to pay 30% less for paint ($50 case becomes a $35 case), and be able to use lighter and smaller tanks and gear.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 10-05-2009, 02:49 PM
20+ years in paintball... we all need FNGs

Is Tippmann launching a .50 caliber paintball marker?

Tippmann's commitment to .68 Caliber Paintball Markers

Dear Tippmann Customers:

At the recent Paintball Extravaganza in Atlanta , both my staff and I were asked numerous times about Tippmann launching a .50 caliber paintball marker. I want to put an end to the rumors and speculation and assure you that Tippmann is 100% committed to .68 caliber paintball markers. A .50 caliber platform has been announced by a new company but there has been very little information provided on product features and pros & cons for the industry. As industry manufacturers, we should always be driving toward new product innovation and technology as it is the life blood of any consumer goods category. However, until we know more about the .50 caliber platform we remain focused on .68 caliber. Industry manufacturers we have talked to are also in the “wait and see” mode.

Tippmann had a great show in Atlanta as we showcased a number of newly launched .68 caliber products, including the TPX paintball Pistol, the U.S. Army Project Salvo marker and the newly redesigned SL-68 II pump action marker. Our investment in the engineering resources and tooling for these new products should be validation of our continued focus on the .68 caliber platform.

We will continue to support the fields and dealers that sell and market .68 caliber products. As we push the envelope on new marker technology, our goal is to develop markers that will provide better air efficiency, superior range and improved accuracy.

I hope this clears up any confusion, and as always, thank you for your support of Tippmann products. Should you have any questions, feel free to contact your Tippmann sales representative.

Sincerely,
Howard Kosick President and CEO Tippmann Sports
Q-loader SP8 mod
ACP mr1 terminus bolt
Palmer female stab w/Lapco vertical ASA
wooden grips and stock
MR2 (w/o eyes):
8" barrel
expansion chamber
Palmer stab
Q-Loaded! SP-8 mod
ACP mr2 terminus bolt
Dboys SIR shroud
Old 10-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Life is peachy

interesting.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Closed Thread