Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Public Enemy #1

Default Re: Considering Serving

David, my dad did cryptology in the Navy. Like RSX said, its just decrypting/encrypting messages.

I've looked into the FBI, but I have to finish college first...which involves me getting back into college before I can even do that.
you know you got something nice when timmyshoota likes it.
Buy my gear! $500!
Old 06-14-2009, 04:34 AM
KUSA KREW FOR LIFE BABY

Depending on what field you go into, any one of the services may be willing to pay off your student loans etc for a minimum 4 year commitment. I know a lot of our Veterinary officers take advantage of this, do their 4 years get out and start private practice, and don't have to worry about the debt they incurred since uncle Sam payed for it.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:18 AM
Cpt of team Lost Cause

one: like everyone said go officer, you wouldve just wasted your college education if you just went enlisted.
Two: if your intreasted in intel, do your self a favior and deff go into the Airforce or Navy.
Three:Your intreasted in cyberwarfare (were i plan on going after a few years of Infantry) they just created a whole new Combat battailion just for that and they need people
but really i wouldnt reall consider the Army or Marines for what your looking at, Airforce and Navy are known for their takeing care of you better and cryptology would probaly be more of a use for you. also after you serve your term, could always go reserves and also do NSA, make even more money!

Just don't do it as a resume buffer is all I ask, Do it cause you want to serve and only for that reason! Good luck man.
Pilot Owners club #64
!Pilot ACS black to blue fade!,
32* spring set,
Calmping Feedneck,
Blue Dye Stickeys-
blackVLocity JR/Virtued

Jersey:Purple DXS (dont ask....)
Pants: Blue Dye C7 or Yellow Stinger Combat BDU
Mask:Blue Vents Avatars (clear[cloudy/rainy] or smoke lense[sunny/sunny]
Pack: NXe 3+2+2
U.S. Army ROTC
Old 06-14-2009, 09:07 AM
RaWr

My brother served in Iraq 9 separate times (dating back to the first gulf war), Marine scout sniper, as his brother I am going to say I am extremely proud of him, he climbed the ladder from the bottom and has become very successful, he was injured in his last stay in Iraq, lost his leg, and is so enthused with what he does, that he is now training young scout snipers on the homefront. The marines are about commitment. To the comment that marines only care about screwing around. When it is go time, they are the reason the rest of the military can walk through safely. Dont knock the marines because they are the ones keeping an eye on their brothers in arms. And if you have served in a warzone, thank a marine for being alive.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 06-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Cpt of team Lost Cause

i wasnt knocking the Marines, i have a lot of friends who are marines and are currently over or just getting back from Iraq.
Pilot Owners club #64
!Pilot ACS black to blue fade!,
32* spring set,
Calmping Feedneck,
Blue Dye Stickeys-
blackVLocity JR/Virtued

Jersey:Purple DXS (dont ask....)
Pants: Blue Dye C7 or Yellow Stinger Combat BDU
Mask:Blue Vents Avatars (clear[cloudy/rainy] or smoke lense[sunny/sunny]
Pack: NXe 3+2+2
U.S. Army ROTC
Old 06-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Giggity..

My brother is a Marine that served in FAST. So you can imagine the **** that we toss back and forth.

Like I said before, the Marines take care of their own, their morale more than speaks volumes.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:11 PM

Pretty much no matter what branch you go into you are going to be deployed to either iraq or afghanistan. Ive been in the "chairforce" for quite some time now and ive been shot at, spit at and blown up more then i ever thought i would. I did get to ride a camel though (see avatar, haha). Go officer try to get intel. They will tell you there are no intel openings and try to push some crap job on you. Tell them you will wait for a intel opening. Trust me, i made that mistake.

Back to claim my throne in the Super Sonix Member Club
Old 06-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedBarron View Post
And if you have served in a warzone, thank a marine for being alive.
sorry, but i have to butt in here. my dad told me that MOST IEDs are on marine-patrolled roads because they only patrol them every week or so, not every other day like the army does.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 06-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Giggity..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
sorry, but i have to butt in here. my dad told me that MOST IEDs are on marine-patrolled roads because they only patrol them every week or so, not every other day like the army does.
While this may be true, the Marines are the tip of the spear. During the initial stages of combat, the Marines clear the path for the Army. Think about it, we have amphibs loaded with jarheads, floating all over the world.

Last edited by RSX99 : 06-15-2009 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Bonus content
Old 06-16-2009, 05:45 AM
Fluent in Stroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamteste_DB View Post
Pretty much no matter what branch you go into you are going to be deployed to either iraq or afghanistan. Ive been in the "chairforce" for quite some time now and ive been shot at, spit at and blown up more then i ever thought i would. I did get to ride a camel though (see avatar, haha). Go officer try to get intel. They will tell you there are no intel openings and try to push some crap job on you. Tell them you will wait for a intel opening. Trust me, i made that mistake.
I have at least 2 years before I start my military life. I'm waiting anyway.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Skanking to the beat.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Climb to the heavens on feathers and dreams
Because the melting point of wax means nothing to me.