Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Member Reviews
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2009, 08:50 AM

Default cp regulator and Evil denator review

Ive started off my low pressure project on the pilot acs and decided to keep the mods cheap. I ended up getting the Evil detenator regulator from ansgear.com which sold them for less than $20 at the time. It came in jet polished black with no gauge ports and the macro line fittig straight through the bottom of the reg. Its rated for 550 psi which is good enough for most markers. This reg is a little heavy than others ive used. Adjusting it is simple too. Recharge rate is good for those who like to fire their marker above 13bps. Never had any recocking issure at full auto. Best regulator for the price, you wont be able find anything nearly this good brand new for 20 bucks.
7 out of 10

The custum products regulator was for my back up marker (victor 2) but after seeing how quality it was, it ended up on my pilot instead. Cost me $85 shipped for the long version in black with lifetime warrenty from cp. I order it directly from them so i have no issues with getting something fix when i need it. This reg is very very light, and comes and multiply colors for those into that. It did come with a straight macro line fitting already installed on the bottom which was nice, and had 2 more plugs for gauges and the like. Its rated for 600 psi which is good to know. Well worth the extra money, and you can tell by its performance at the chrono. I stayed within 3fps on every shot after i put a case through the reg. This ones a no brainer

10 out 10
Old 05-08-2009, 09:42 AM
09 SOTM WINNAR!

Default Re: cp regulator and Evil denator review

and AKA reg 25/10?

what is your basis for the scale? What other regs have you used?

Did you weigh each reg and compare to others out there?
How did you Check recharge rate?
Your using HPA i assume?
How Much paint did you put through it?
How tuned is your gun because there is a difference between cheaper lp valves and costly LP vavles?

here is my favorite chart

Feedback +18/0
Old 05-08-2009, 06:09 PM
o_o

Well, he may just be basing it on how he feels they perform. My suggestion is to try a few more regulators before rating the Evil and CP so high on the scales. No doubt, the CP is a great reg, but there are better ones (AKA Sidewinder, Palmers Stabilizer). Just a little suggestion before ferret eats ya alive with more questions

My Parts For Sale Thread!!

Quote:
"Originally posted by Vicious49: Pickles are just cucumbers soaked in evil."
SOC Feedback (+10, -0)
PbN Feedback (+13, -0)
IOG Feedback (+1,-0)
Old 05-08-2009, 06:19 PM
09 SOTM WINNAR!

oh i remember what i was going to say, 12 hours later :smacks forehead: I got distracted by that chart again.

you can see in the chart that the evil reg actually does quite well for itself and probably out performs the CP once broken in. If fact i believe the Evil perfomed better than the palmers and sidewinder did it not? btw AKA 2liter is the "mystery reg"

BREAK IN YOUR EVIL REG, put a few cases through it and then check again most people are pleasantly surprised.

oh and sorry if it sounded like i was chewing you out. If you really did test them i'm a firm believer in the scientific process and just wanted to know more on how you can to the conclusion that you did.

Feedback +18/0
Old 05-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

dont mind me, im just going to point out some flaws in your review...
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn22stl View Post
Ive started off my low pressure project on the pilot acs and decided to keep the mods cheap. I ended up getting the Evil detenator regulator from ansgear.com which sold them for less than $20 at the time. It came in jet polished black with no gauge ports and the macro line fittig straight through the bottom of the reg. Its rated for 550 psi which is good enough for most markers. This reg is a little heavy than others ive used. Adjusting it is simple too. Recharge rate is good for those who like to fire their marker above 13bps. Never had any recocking issure at full auto. Best regulator for the price, you wont be able find anything nearly this good brand new for 20 bucks.
7 out of 10

The custum products regulator was for my back up marker (victor 2) but after seeing how quality it was, it ended up on my pilot instead. Cost me $85 shipped for the long version in black with lifetime warrenty from cp. I order it directly from them so i have no issues with getting something fix when i need it. This reg is very very light, and comes and multiply colors for those into that. It did come with a straight macro line fitting already installed on the bottom which was nice, and had 2 more plugs for gauges and the like. Its rated for 600 psi which is good to know. Well worth the extra money, and you can tell by its performance at the chrono. I stayed within 3fps on every shot after i put a case through the reg. This ones a no brainer

10 out 10
RED you gave consistency stats for the CP but not the Det.
BLUE when writing a review, PLEASE double check your grammar and spelling. it makes it easier for everyone.

now, my biased opinion:
both the CP and Det get mixed reviews. it seems that some work while some dont. i've never used a CP, but the det i have loves to leak RIGHT when i get the pressure up to about 450 psi, and i'm tired of buying reg seats when a rebuild kit costs $3 less than a new reg.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 05-10-2009, 02:46 PM

Both regs are good to use and i would recomend it to anyone to any who want to try either. I just believe after using both that the cp reg looks better,its lighter, better finish and extra plugs for the gauges. The evil reg is still very good, you cant beat it for $20.

I personally used the evil reg for 3 season without having any issues with it. I never even rebuilt it either. I just wanted a new reg because i was building another spyder. Cp makes a great reg and i still use a bunch of other products which all work flawlessly. If you'll like the other regs so much by all means buy and use them. This is what i like and they work just fine.