Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Old Enough

Default Re: I am DONE with spyder.

First of all if you're still using a brown or green Java battery more than likely it will no longer hold a charge. Remember people, rechargeable batteries have a shelf life. It loses it's ability to hold a charge after a certain amount of time even if it has never been used. Basically the chemicals that make up the battery becomes inert and will not hold a charge.

Second, which Electra do you have? I understand you say you have a 2005 Electra but at the end of 2004 is when the Electra with ACS bolt was released which was blue/black and the Electra with Eyes which was titanium grey was at the end of 2005 both of which were referred to as 2005s.

Have you tried contacting Kingman and finding who serviced your marker? Also, the name of who serviced your marker is sometimes noted on the packing list they send with your marker? Find out so you have a better idea of what went wrong or if there was an error on the technicians part.

They won't deny you service if you decide to have them work on the marker again. I would recommend sending it to their technician named John, he's been good at taking of any problem and I'm sure he'll be able to take care of you.

Were you even charged for the service? Granted that your marker is definitely out of warranty, I bet you weren't even charged for it or shipping cost back to you. You should really give them a chance to try and resolve this issue before you start bashing them all over the net...
Old 04-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Default Re: I am DONE with spyder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummie224 View Post
Hey druid, are you a member on techpb? Theres a druid there too. Anyway, I've only owned the marker for about one and a half years. And what you said about HPA, when i went to the field before i owned a tank, i would rent hpa, because Hpa is better than co2 (in most cases). And yes i use gun oil, not lube. Sorry, im not making much sense today. And yes, it has a red O ring. I took every part out of the gun, and i couldnt find anything visually out of the ordinary. And by the way, i still cant figure out how its possible to put the bolt in upside down. The Pin, on the bottome of the bolt, That connects to the striker, doesnt allow the bolt to be put in upside down. Oh well.
Yep that's me.

Then it seems to me the battery is shot and requires a new one. Don't use an alkaline in it either because you'll only get about 200 shots out of it before it refuses to release the striker.

Get a new battery and charge it like I said. I'm willing to bet that's your issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Tech View Post
First of all if you're still using a brown or green Java battery more than likely it will no longer hold a charge. Remember people, rechargeable batteries have a shelf life. It loses it's ability to hold a charge after a certain amount of time even if it has never been used. Basically the chemicals that make up the battery becomes inert and will not hold a charge.
We've told him that already. (sorry for this type/size font, people whine when I change it to another color)
Second, which Electra do you have? I understand you say you have a 2005 Electra but at the end of 2004 is when the Electra with ACS bolt was released which was blue/black and the Electra with Eyes which was titanium grey was at the end of 2005 both of which were referred to as 2005s.

Have you tried contacting Kingman and finding who serviced your marker? Also, the name of who serviced your marker is sometimes noted on the packing list they send with your marker? Find out so you have a better idea of what went wrong or if there was an error on the technicians part.
He had sent it to them and they got it working, sent it back to him and he can't get it to work...which is why he's posting here....but he said all ^^ this already.
They won't deny you service if you decide to have them work on the marker again. I would recommend sending it to their technician named John, he's been good at taking of any problem and I'm sure he'll be able to take care of you.

Were you even charged for the service? Granted that your marker is definitely out of warranty, I bet you weren't even charged for it or shipping cost back to you. You should really give them a chance to try and resolve this issue before you start bashing them all over the net...

He needs a new battery.