Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Member Reviews
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Resident *******

Default Re: Tiberius First Strike paintballs

I'm right here. I'm actually intrigued by this projectile and might just pick up one of their markers to test it out. It's a MUCH better idea for a rifling design than I have ever seen on the paintball market.

I think y'all are morons for thinking it will make you a better player or "sniperz" (OMGZ!!!ONE!!!1!!!), but the product's idea and design is solidly based.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 03-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
I think y'all are morons for thinking it will make you a better player or "sniperz" (OMGZ!!!ONE!!!1!!!),

but the product's idea and design is solidly based.

Agreed

and

...yeah.....as less-lethal ammunition for riot and crowd control....
Old 03-24-2009, 05:36 PM
09 SOTM WINNAR!

or it will force you to conserve ammo and aim better =]

Feedback +18/0
Old 03-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Resident *******

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
...yeah.....as less-lethal ammunition for riot and crowd control....
Pepperball filling! I could imagine this being the new riot-control Less-Lethal method. Tasers only work so well, but with these babies combined with pepperballs, the officers could fire from further back accurately, reducing the risk of injury for them.

Ferret, don't make me lump you in with the morons... Paintballs are NEVER going to be as accurate as a bullet, and thus, you will always need more shots to get an "out."

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Old 03-24-2009, 06:18 PM
09 SOTM WINNAR!

well i'm not jumping on the bandwagon just yet, but if someone can prove it truly out performs well matched paint at normal distances, then this would be perfect for a pistol that is at a disadvantage from the beginning.

i'd rather shoot shoot a few more anyway just to make sure i got the hit. I've never had a real problem with accuracy. I will target practice every now and then just to keep myself entertained on uneventful days. Last time I went a friend challenged me to a "dual" with one shot at a time; We did that about 10 shoots worth and I had 100% hit, he had 10% hit.

Feedback +18/0
Old 03-24-2009, 06:28 PM
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't

Quote:
I'm right here. I'm actually intrigued by this projectile and might just pick up one of their markers to test it out. It's a MUCH better idea for a rifling design than I have ever seen on the paintball market.

I think y'all are morons for thinking it will make you a better player or "sniperz" (OMGZ!!!ONE!!!1!!!), but the product's idea and design is solidly based.
I love it when Red shows up...lol
Folding AK stock
Extreme Rage Spring kit
Timmy Detents
Trinity Feedneck
Halo B
Evo III loader w/ghetto speed feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim and shady View Post
im gonna go hide in the shadows and clentch my buttox before Red finds me!
Old 03-24-2009, 06:46 PM
Giggity..

I stand by my initial post. But I think you read too much into what I said so let me clarify. When I say performing in a sniper role, I'm referring to someone that is well concealed for an ambush. This is where the improved accuracy will boost the effectiveness of said ambush.

You will have to help me wrap my head around this one Red. How can increased accuracy not equal better player ability/ skill?
Old 03-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Resident *******

So what you're train of thought is that if I use one of my main markers, the Angel A1, and you have one of these T9's with this round, that I could NOT win simply because I do not have the better round? Let's relate this to real firearms (bear with me, I have a point). I'd have the M249. You'd have the R700 with iron sights (to take out the Sniper aspect and relate to more realistic paintball aiming). What do you think would win? Come on, bolt action vs OMFG gun. The R700's more accurate, sure, but what does it matter when you're lit the hell apart??? You miss, you're ****ed. I miss, I have AT LEAST 20 more behind it to destroy you. You understand now why accuracy does not matter as much in the game of paintball?

Now, about concealment... Do you breath? I'd hope so! That movement, along with the slightest bit out of place with the nature around you gives your position away. You are now essentially a sitting duck, ready for chopping it's head off, plucking it's feathers, and tossing on a rotisserie spit. And, if you do get the chance to get a shot off, at the distance you're shooting to try to get me, I'll dodge it. Bump up from tree to tree in a random manner, get within range for my marker, snap you so you're down, and just let loose. Takes a bit longer for me and quite a bit more paint, but it still gets the job done.

I could come at you with a pump and still win. Why? Experience, intelligence, and practice. Those three aspects are NEVER affected by a marker's abilities. Sure, it helps to have a marker that can help you to achieve the fullest of your abilities, but... I don't need it. I'm too busy laughing at people Nicky Cuba style as they walk off the field to the deadbox and yelling at the spectators to "watch this."

BigRed Photography

Quote:

Last edited by bigred76 : 03-25-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:58 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSX99 View Post
You will have to help me wrap my head around this one Red. How can increased accuracy not equal better player ability/ skill?
because you're sacrificing speed for accuracy. while its great to have a dead-on shot every time, 5 seconds in between shots isnt exactly feasible when you have someone shooting back at you. so unless you can learn to dodge paint while reloading, i dont see how it could increase your skill
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 03-25-2009, 04:20 AM
Giggity..

Quote:
So what you're train of thought is that if I use one of my main markers, the Angel A1, and you have one of these T9's with this round, that I could NOT win simply because I do not have the better round? Let's relate this to real firearms (bear with me, I have a point). I'd have the M249. You'd have the R700 with iron sights (to take out the Sniper aspect and relate to more realistic paintball aiming). What do you think would win? Come on, bolt action vs OMFG gun. The R700's more accurate, sure, but what does it matter when you're lit the hell apart??? You miss, you're ****ed. I miss, I have AT LEAST 20 more behind it to destroy you. You understand now why accuracy does not matter as much in the game of paintball?

Now, about concealment... Do you breath? I'd hope so! That movement, along with the slightest bit out of place with the nature around you gives your position away. You are now essentially a sitting duck, ready for chopping it's head off, plucking it's feathers, and tossing on a rotisserie spit. And, if you do get the chance to get a shot off, at the distance you're shooting to try to get me, I'll dodge it. Bump up from tree to tree in a random manner, get within range for my marker, snap you so you're down, and just let loose. Takes a bit longer for me and quite a bit more paint, but it still gets the job done.

I could come at you with a pump and still win. Why? Experience, intelligence, and practice. Those three aspects are NEVER affected by a marker's abilities. Sure, it helps to have a marker that can help you to achieve the fullest of your abilities, but... I don't need it. I'm too busy laughing at people Nicky Cuba style as they walk off the field to the deadbox and yelling at the spectators to "watch this."
Look Red, you're going off on a tangent here. Let me explain.

A. I never mentioned anything regarding someone using a T9 with these rounds as being a superior opponent. I merely said it would improve their game via better accuracy.

B. Regarding a rifle versus a machine gun like your above example. Of course if the rifleman misses, his chances of eliminating his target are drastically reduced if he is spotted. But, if the rifleman remains concealed, he has another chance to pick off his target or move to another position.

C. We may be butting heads on this one but I believe a true woodsballer would understand how and when to use concealment. For example, just read APG, they usually have articles regarding the aforementioned being used in conjunction with an ambush.

D. Here's where your arrogance really shines. You blatantly say you're more intelligent and experienced, yet you really know nothing about me. I thought you were above name calling, but seems I was mistaken. There are so many other ways to approach a subject you disagree on and be professional at the same time.

E. This is just my opinion, but you seem to be coming across as the typical speedballer > woodsballer player. I don't know you but it seems as you play speedball either more or vice woodsball. I love both and play both twice a week.

F. Regarding reloading time. DF I thought Tiberius has a magazine upgrade for T9s just for this product.

This is in no way an attack on anyone's opinions. I wanted to clarify my stance. As for Red, up until this point, I thought very highly of you for your contributions to these forums. I may be taking this conversation out of context and I hope that's the case.

Last edited by RSX99 : 03-25-2009 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Additional comments