Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Air Systems
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Double Tomahawk my way threw

Default Re: Why You May Want to Use CO2 Instead of HPA

i think most of the smart parts markers u can run anti-sphioned co2...the sft says u can and the ion too... im suprised that shockers u can use them since they have like a billion o-rings in them
mOddEd LiKe HeLL (1:21:29 PM): i was there from 10pm to 4am
FootInY0Ass (1:22:15 PM): holy **** you dropped it hard last night
mOddEd LiKe HeLL (1:22:57 PM): and i was there thursday and friday
mOddEd LiKe HeLL (1:23:20 PM): thursday, they closed early so we went to the bar up the street afterwards
FootInY0Ass (1:23:40 PM): AA time.......
SOC Feedback : http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=5392
Ebay Feedback : http://myworld.ebay.com/vicentezarate
Old 01-03-2009, 03:38 PM
EM1 Tech guy

The old shoebox shockers could handle Co2. I dont see why you cant if you take the right steps to prep the marker & dont be stupid & pull 30bps full auto with an overfilled tank.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

my friend asked me something today: why cant the slg run on co2? the only conclusion we've come to is because of the hyper reg.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 01-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Double Tomahawk my way threw

same goes for the PMR
mOddEd LiKe HeLL (1:21:29 PM): i was there from 10pm to 4am
FootInY0Ass (1:22:15 PM): holy **** you dropped it hard last night
mOddEd LiKe HeLL (1:22:57 PM): and i was there thursday and friday
mOddEd LiKe HeLL (1:23:20 PM): thursday, they closed early so we went to the bar up the street afterwards
FootInY0Ass (1:23:40 PM): AA time.......
SOC Feedback : http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=5392
Ebay Feedback : http://myworld.ebay.com/vicentezarate
Old 01-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Custom Cocker project.... engage!

well said timber tiger!

as timber said, the problem with CO2 getting at the noid isnt that the liquid CO2 goes all the way from the tank through the asa and macroline, through the reg, through the LPR, and into the solenoid. there is no way that CO2, a liquid that expands into a gas would travel that whole distance in liquid form, as the original CO2 enthusiast mentioned. that is damn near impossible. it is the density of the gas condensing inside the small chambers of the solenoid that causes the problems. i dont know about you guys, but i dont want anything condensing near tiny orings and seals.

and on the weight issue:
sure an empty CO2 tank might weigh less than an empty HPA tank, but fill the tanks and then tell me which is lighter. my days of lugging a 20oz are over.

HPA tanks are made to way way way higher standards than a CO2 tank aswell. not even a close comparison for the safety issue. sure it has more pressure, big whoop.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Yeah, like the sun.

One problem I've found with HPA is that I had some recocking issues with my LP spyder. I was running at 300 PSI 285 FPS on anti syphened CO2 with a palmers stabalizer an Maddman Rocket Valve when the front block was getting too cold so i switch to HPA tank (it's free to rent with admission at the place I play). After I switched to HPA I could not recock with out the back pressure of my Halo.

So as soon as the halo was empty it would jack hammer and decock.

I did not have the problem with CO2.
Pilot owners club #51
Pilot ACS, Dye Boomstick Barrel, Clamping Feedneck, Palmer Stabilizer, Trinity Front Block, Madman Rocket Valve, Polished/Cupped striker, T-Board, 50g switch, Dye Sticky Grips
Old 01-16-2009, 01:25 PM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
One problem I've found with HPA is that I had some recocking issues with my LP spyder. I was running at 300 PSI 285 FPS on anti syphened CO2 with a palmers stabalizer an Maddman Rocket Valve when the front block was getting too cold so i switch to HPA tank (it's free to rent with admission at the place I play). After I switched to HPA I could not recock with out the back pressure of my Halo.

So as soon as the halo was empty it would jack hammer and decock.

I did not have the problem with CO2.
some LP spyders need the back pressure of a ball to recock, personally i think that alittle more tuning is needed to solve that little issue, however some people set there operating pressure that low on purpose. (i personally want a marker that cycles loaded or unloaded)
and HPA will give you more consistant performance, aswell as being alittle easier on the marker. (orings last longer)
your tune will also differ greatly from co2 to HPA, some minor tweaking and your recocking isue could have been solved and i think you would have been much happier with HPA.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:15 PM
EM1 Tech guy

When I tune my blowbacks, I set the reg & springs to where it will recock on its own with no paint or a barrel.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:34 PM
My Gun

Ok, granted you could theoretically run a high end gun off of co2. But for the safety of the masses of people not smart enough to take the precautionary measures to prevent damage. I would NOT recommend the usage of co2 in high end guns. Another thing, for casual players that don't need a constant 13-15 bps for 5-10 min game co2 will most likely work. But for those tourney players out there that need to play at those bps levels co2 will absolutely not work!!! Another thing it doesn't take 20 bps to get co2 cold, try 10 bps for 15 secs, the tank will be cold and I guarantee there will be condensation where you do not want it. Again co2 has the possibilities to run through high end markers with the absolute utmost care taken but think: is the money spent to get a reg for the co2 tank and the constant worry about ruining your $1000 investment worth it? for me its not, that's why I run HPA.

Note: co2 is a heavier gas than HPA and therefore allows for a lower pressure in lp Spyder applications.

Another note what kind of line supplies the gas to your marker in all high end applications? Macroline, this line is not rated for co2s inconsistency when unregulated and will blow, I have had this happen, it nearly put a nice piece of metal in my foot. Also for the regulated co2 it isn't uncommon for the reg to freeze and allow a lot more pressure where it is not needed(blowing the macroline or ruining the reg/internals on your $1000 investment).