Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Custom Shop
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2008, 09:32 AM
i play pump.

Default Re: Homemade paintball equipment and mods

has anyone started any cool mods this winter yet? ive been trying to get my self the materials to make a ghille or something but need to just get the cash for it lol. i remember seeing shady's on here and i liked it...but yeah..any cool mods started or wanting to start this winter for winter or next year?
Old 11-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Life is peachy

plan on starting the tank soon

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 11-24-2008, 12:30 PM
<<< my friend's idea of good camouflage...

Okay so I've finally decided to do something this tg break, so I found some scrap wood my dad didn't care for and decided I would use it to creat a magazine, maybe my AK-47 front sight, and maybe even those pvc pipe magazine holsters I talked about way back.

Heres my problem. I have no way of securing any of these pieces of wood to my actual marker. I have no idea how I would do it. Anyone have any ideas? I dont have any tools that can tap a screw hole into the wood, which would enable me to use some older allen screws. I pretty much have nothing to use that would make them secure like most other items would. for the dragunov mag Im making, I might have to actually extend a piece that goes up and around the top of the marker, but that would look like crap... and the sight, well, I have no idea how I'm gonna do that. I guess i could try to find some a really small bolt and see if that works... Most I've seen have a small hole at the bottom for a screw where it just tightens and clamps onto a barrel, kind of like how a feedneck would. I have a few ideas for the pvc pipe magazine holsters that would likely work, but if anyone has any ideas of securing the magazine to the marker and the sight to the barrel, I'm all ears. Just a little background info on my air setup, I did the same thing kingtutballer did with his air when he made his wooden shroud. My remote coil goes directly into the marker, no drop forward or steel line. Just thought id put that out there in case some ideas would conflict with that...

EDIT: Foundan idea for the mag, im going to try to extend a part of the mag upestf so that it goes up a around that small plug that sticks out when you take off the MR2 shroud. After that Ill cut a bit off of the bottom (horizontally) from my plastic airsoft shroud I'm using as the dragunov handguard so that the extended piece fits through.

SNIPER

-A skilled military rifleman detailed to spot and pick off enemy soldiers from a concealed place.
-One who shoots at other people from a concealed place.

Those who that say a paintball sniper doesn't exist, haven't come across one yet.

View My Special Ops Brigade Page

Last edited by interceptorMR2 : 11-24-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:05 PM
i play pump.

sounds pretty sweet u guys cant wait to the finished projects...i really gotta start mine soon too lol
Old 11-26-2008, 03:38 PM

Okay I just finished up with my mag and shroud for my "tac-dragunov" project. I still need to get a longer barrel and an AK sight, but that will come, hopefully in the not too distant future. Here's some pics of the finished product, one picture with the unfinished shroud and no mag, and one picture of the mag and shroud before they were spray painted, and the mag wasn't quite complete. Hope you guys like it. Oh and I also ended up cutting part of the shroud off in the back, it was so long to the point where it was very difficult unscrewing the barrel later.

Before:

During:

After:

Close up:

I plan on making a better magazine once we get a drill press, but this will do for now.

SNIPER

-A skilled military rifleman detailed to spot and pick off enemy soldiers from a concealed place.

Those who that say a paintball sniper doesn't exist, haven't come across one yet.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

wow, that looks really good. need to paint the screw heads black though!

i wish i could find my friends old m4 mag so that i could gut it and put it on my mr1, because i dont want to spend $15 on a mag.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 11-26-2008, 04:10 PM

yeah I forgot to do the screw heads, I'll do that tomorrow though, I'm tired.
I decided I wasn't going to buy a mag since we just finished setting up our woodshop, so I figured, hey, if we have some scrap wood, i could just make one for free. I'll probably end up making a better one once we get a drill press though, mine got kind of scratched up in the process.

SNIPER

Old 11-26-2008, 04:29 PM

heres a tip, use black nail polish on the screws. it'll be a lot faster than spray paint, and it wont flake off.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
Old 11-26-2008, 04:31 PM

I may do that in the future, but for now I'll just use black spray paint. My dad made my sister throw out her black nail polish cause he hates "that goth ****" lol. I'll probably get some sooner or later though.

SNIPER

Old 11-26-2008, 04:52 PM

yeah, i picked up some black and red for about $.75 each to touch up the nicks on my anno. i need to pick up a blue one for my timmy because one side is all jacked up.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote: