Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Custom Shop
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2008, 04:39 PM

Default How To: Angel LCD Frame to EM1

I got bored again and figured I'd write a quick how to. I'll do my best to summarize how to put an Angel LCD Frame on an EM1. I am not a good writer nor am I good at explaining things so bare with me! BTW most of this will be alot of copy and pasting from my previous "Tutorial" on the B2k frame to EM1

First (obviously) Take the stock +frame off the EM1 and carefully take out all the Electronics !

Here is the Angel frame I will be using. I always loved the way these things feel and how crisp the trigger is. Plus you can use an Angel LCD chip in them if you want!

Next you will need to mill or hack or cut (or any other method you choose) the bottom of the stock from from the top . As pictured below. I recomend taking it to a place that has the proper equipment such as a machine shop but if your careful i could see a portaband working well.

And now for the creative part.... Use a block of spare metal (mine is aluminum) and cut it to fit into the frame (you will see what I am talking about in the pics below). Then tap a hole in the right spot so that the frame can bolt in. It should all come together to look like this:

Continued....
Old 10-11-2008, 04:53 PM

Default Re: How To: Angel LCD Frame to EM1

And it should fit in the frame like this!
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...1/IMG_1060.jpg

Also in the picture above you will see a hole that I drilled to mount the front of the frame . It is the larger hole in the front of the tray (the one NOT circled in red) the other hole you see is for my B2k frame (which I also wrote a "How To" on).

Now you need to drill a hole in the Angel frame to match up with the hole in the front of the tray. You will need to tap the hole in the Angel frame to you desired bolt threading! This will be used to mount the front of the Angel Frame to the tray.

Figure out where you need to drill the mounting hole by lining up the angel frame with the tray , like this:

For some reason in this picture it does't look like the holes line up but i assure you they do! You get the idea though.

Now drill the hole in the Angel frame and tap it! (It is the Larger hole on the one in the picture , the smaller one is actually used to mount to my bushmaster hahe )

OK now your done! Bolt that bizatch back together and put your electronics back in and your ready to go! One more thing....If you are not using an Angel LCD chip and decide to stick with your stock chip for now , you will need to find a way to mount the microswitch. I just drilled and tapped a tiny screw hole in the frame so i could screw the micro switch on in the right spot.