Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Banned

Default Re: pls help me pick electra 08, ION xe or proto SLG?

I wouldn't cross the SLG off your list. Great guns. Maintence of a spyder, shoots like a dream. Maybe it was just the one I shot.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:54 PM
New Guy

Question Re: pls help me pick electra 08, ION xe or proto SLG?

you ppl like the Proto SLG and what about the proto rail? or the RAIL special edition ?
Old 08-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Banned

PMR's are nice. You need to try them out for yourself and see what fits you.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Respected Player

My PMR was nicer then then my SLG probably cause it had more ups but both are good markers. If you play more woodsball and have limited air I would get the SLG because it is more efficient
Old 08-24-2008, 10:06 AM
New Guy

Hello, not sure if anyone is still checking out this thread or not but I'd say SLG.

I'm a college student on a budget so the SLG for $200 is perfect. I'm a woodsball player and the stock mods that this gun comes with are awesome. I think Modded said it best that if you buy a Spyder you will end up modding it to what other markers come with. You might as well buy a $200 marker that comes stock with good mods.

Another thing, the 2008 - newer SLG does not have that rollback problem. It was all solved and fixed. The shaky or loose ASA has been solved.. at least mine was not shaky or loose, it was pretty sturdy. As for maintenance, the SLG only has two o-rings in the bolt that needs to be lubed. Those two o-rings are located on the bolt. Just pop the back out, remove the bolt and thats pretty much it. It's like a Spyder in that its a sear tripper.

Stock Parts: Keep in mind this is all personal preference. I really liked the stock feedneck that came with the gun because after removing 1 o-ring from the feedneck it fit my Halo B loader perfectly. I may remove the 2nd o-ring and see how snug and secure I can get it, other then that I really don't think I'll be upgrading the feedneck. The stock barrel is ok, it's a hell of a lot better then many other stock barrels out there such as the spyder.... You can always upgrade but it's not an immediate upgrade. The ASA is fine, it's not loose or shaky as I've mentioned before. You could upgrade to an On/Off feedneck later on, but it's not necessary. PERSONALLY I like the trigger.. it's a plastic trigger that has a nice feel to it so once again something that I'm not upgrading.

The only two upgrades that I'm planning on getting for this gun is a new barrel and a remote. The stock 11" barrel is great for speedball but I mainly play woodsball so a nice 14" would work well. I want a remote because after a few hours of woodsball the tank, gun, and loader does tend to start getting a bit heavy so the remote would relive a lot of that extra weight.

The gun does have a little kick but it's nothing to be really concerned about.

The only con I can think of for the SLG is it does not use co2, but seriously who uses co2? Unless your on a SERIOUS SERIOUS CHEAP TIGHT budget then I don't suggest you invest in the SLG because it only works with HPA tank. Hm.. since it only uses HPA may be an pro .

If you decide to upgrade the hyper 3 reg that comes stock with the SLG you will have to get that from custom products. Proto made their hyper 3 reg with a special thread, different from other stand industry threads.. why i don't know.. so the only place to get a nice upgrade from is custom products. If you do decide to get a barrel, get it from customs.... since they actually have the bore size option that you can match with your paintball.