Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2008, 06:56 PM
New Guy

Default just some basic questions

hi i'm new to this forum so i was kust wondering about a couple things. First, is it better to run my 05' pilot on co2 or hpa? Also, can somebody tell me what kind of oil is best because i've had my gun for half a year and ive only cleaned it twice without oil.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Resident *******

Default Re: just some basic questions

Welcome to the boards!

1.) Eh, it's always better to run a consistent air source to the marker as it contributes to closer velocity shots. CO2 with a decent regular is just about the same as an HPA tank with a Spyder, but straight up air source... HPA trumps the corrosive, unpredictably expansive CO2. CO2 is predictable in a controlled environment, but for all intents and purposes in paintball it isn't due to the Fourth Law of Thermodynamics... basically it sucks the heat out of the air around it when it turns from liquid (60-75% of a full tank) into it's gaseous form.

2.) All paintball oils are pretty much the same. I wouldn't mix the blue synthetic stuff with Gold Cup or equivilent, but that's about it. Buy a bottle and stick with it until it's gone, then either get the same kind or completely clean out the gun before using another kind (which you should do after every day of play anyways!). You can get paintball oil from SportsChalet/Sportmart, Walmart, Fry's, and paintball stores, so you have plenty of options to get it from. Heck, Target carried it for a while even!

Hope that helps!

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 08-07-2008, 05:42 AM
New Guy

Default Re: just some basic questions

thanks for the advice!