Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Life is peachy

Default Shadys experience with upgradeparts for the MR2

Alright seeing as how I get so many PM's each day (Wich I dont mind at all) asking about my experience with variouse aftermarket parts, loaders barrels ect. I thought that I would make this thread detailing what I thought about each Item that I have used so far with the MR2.
i would deffinatly think that it would be a good idea for other people if they so choose to do the same on this thread. I think that it would help alot of the newer players that come along wanting to know whats good or bad about products and people experience with them.

I want to make one rule though, NO CLUTTERING;

If you make a post and then try a different product EDIT your post and add it in rather then make a new post that way everything will be half organized, unless of corse you exceed the maximum amount of charecters and dont have a choice. I really think that this could be a popular thread if we put some effort into it.

ok lets start this off by saying that alot of the products i have used on my Mr2 require moding in some way, but I will be sure to list what products them are so no one buys something that dont fit!

Loaders/Hoppers

Evolution II- This was the original hopper that I had when i got my MR@ I used it on my previouse marker. With the MR2 it did not preform well at all and lead to alot of chopps and problems, particularly when walking the trigger fast, fully auto or burst. I wouldnt get this hopper, however it is better then a gravity feed, but again I wouldnt get it.

Evolution III- I was looking to buy this or a Halo and this was 100 cheeper and only 2 BPS slower then the halo stock so I grabed it. Big mistake, save up the money a little longer and get the halo! The hopper just didnt cut it it was too inconsistent and stood very high off of the marker. because it is an agitated hopper and not a true Force feed it didnt have the means nessisary to deal with the blowback so common with the MR2. This hopper will work with the MR2 however I would sugest getting a force feed.

Halo B (with rip and V35)- I have never used a stock halo however mine has Rip and V35. This is a great hopper that works extreamly well with the MR2. Lower profile then the eggy's and it is force feed. This hopper meats all the demands of the MR2. Rip and V35 are a good upgrade for the hopper to I think. The only cons I have about this particular loader is that it is heavy. There are things you can do to combat that though, get the 9V mod I beleive VS3 Sniper sells them. It is worth it and drops alot of weight off. Great hopper for the MR2.

Q-loader- This is the current loader that I use, and I love it. Personaly i belive that if you are into woodsball and or scenario play a Q-loader is a must. It feed rediculessly fast, no batteries its light and just looks cool. I will admit that the Q takes a bit of fiddling around to get it to work right however it is very well worth the time and patience. I personaly think that hooking up the Q with direct feed (you can buy the MR adapter or do the Viper mod with a peice of 3/4 pvc) saves you alot of frustration as the hose causes alot of headach. here is a few of Shady's bonus tips to help you kick start your project.

1.Try to go direct feed if you can, if your absolutly against the idea that is fine to.
2.If you do decide to go with a under the barrel mount or some other mount that requires a hose be sure that when you cut it you cut it to a langth that doesnt have sharp kinks when installed on the marker as this will hamper feeding, as well make sure that it is cut to a langth that holds a full nuber of balls you dont want half a paintball sticking out either end just bagging to be cut off.
3.I went with about 11 1/2-12 prewinds with my loader and that seemed to do the trick however the prewinds will all very depending on your langth of hose ect. this is just a guide line.
Here is a link to vests and pod holders that fit the Q-pods compliments of Kingtut

Detents

Timmys- These are the best detents out there that I know of for the MR2. Being the MR2 requires a good force feed hopper it is a must that you have a good stiff detent or your paintballing days arent going to be fun. Definatly worth the cash though hard to find in Canada! :Thumbup:

Stocks

Original stock- Lots of people cut the top bar off the original stock that comes with the MR2. This allows you to bring your face down low enough to look through the sights. It works but doesnt look that good IMO.

SAW stock- I really like this stock its mean looking shoulders nice and makes it real easy to see your sights through it. fits real good on the MR2 and has no woble to it at all. The down side to this particular stock is that it is very heavy and adds alot of weight to the marker. So I can only give it partial marks as well.

Grips

MR wraparounds- Great grips supper comfy and hide the board and battery alot better then the stock ones. At 18$ I think there a must for all MR2. owners.

Barrels (Any of the barrels milled to fit will work on the Mr1 without being milled, hope that helps)

Apex-Probably the most desputed barrel out there, but this is my experience with it. I love this barrel everyone should have one of these puppies. What makes the apex great is that it reaches out there a LONG LONG way out there. For all you snipers they are a must! The problem is that the farther you shoot the worse accuracy can be, there are a few tricks to help beat this that I will share latter. Right now I want to mention probably the best feture about the apex, with the slide of a ramp you can turn it off. This is extreamly usefull in all situations. The dive and hook are neet to play with as well although I seldom use them, its still a good twist.
ok here are a few more of shady's tips to help you out.

1. Mount this sucker on an aftermarket barrel, you can either buy a Apex mod adapter from UMC or you could put a few wraps of tape (electrical tape) around the tip pf the barrel you decide to put it on then mount it overtop.
This helps in 3 ways.
-its alot more accurate at long distances
-Shoots farther (more accuratly)
-when you turn the apex off you have just as good of close range accuracy as anyone else on the corse.

I have used my apex on 2 barrels, one, the Progressive (I had to mill the back down to have it fit the MR2) added about 15 more feet of accurate distance. And now I have it on my Empire barrel kit (again had to be milled to fit) This gives my about 20 feet more accurate distance. However where it really helps is when your close enough to shoot with the apex off you have unserpassed accuracy with the barrel kit. Great product get this barrel, oh BT has remarkeble product support as well.

14" Progressive(Milled to fit)- This barrel does NOT fit the MR2 shroud i had to have the back turned down to 7/8's. But regardless I have used it on my MR2. It was a good barrel and I had no problems with it shoot through breaks reall well, good barrel.

16" CCm Trueflight rifled and ported barrel (milled to fit)- This is another barrel that I had to mill. However again it was a good barrel, I wanted to try it for the rifling, however I am not sure that it even does anything. it was a little heavy and loud so it only gets partial marks.

20" SP tactical barrel- I bought this for my new gun project. IT is a very light barrel for its langth. Because it is so long it requires more air to push it through the barrel however its minimal the extra air it uses, maby 20 shots less a tank. It looks cool has the tactical edge and i think its a good product.

Empire barrel kit (milled to fit)- Works great any barrel kit is well worth the money this one is no exception. If you want to be as accurate as possible for paintball get a barrel kit.

Bolts

Lowblow- I think that this is a good bolt. It gives you a little extra distance as it adds a slight backspin to the ball. As with anything that puts a spin on the ball your accuracy will suffer slightly. I didnt think that it was enough to be concerned about. Good product.

2 o-ring bolt- This is probably your safest bet if you are looking to get an aftermarket bolt. It is the most popular and widly used. The bolt helps to eliminate the harsh blowback that is so prevelint with the MR2, good upgrade.

Spring kits

Vlocity- This spring kit I picked up on ebay, it is a decent kit with 4 springs of verrying stifness. The only setback to this particular kit is that they are only main springs and no valve springs. It is importent to get a mix of what to springs work best together so this kit loses points because of that factor.

32*-Probably the most popular kit for the MR series this one comes with everything that you need and you deffinatly cant go wrong with it. :thumb up:

Shim kits

Vlocity-This is a nice complimenting kit to your existing string kit, they pretty much do the same thing as a stiffer spring. Cheeper then a spring kit but only works one way up, wont help lower your feet per second like a weeker spring in a kit will.

expansion chambers

Trinity AK- Well of all the products that I have ever bought for my MR series guns this is probably the worst. i have had nothing but trouble out of this mag with constant leaks and trouble. The mag is very heavy and scratches real easy. it will help you CO2 users out there however. For me personaly I have a hard time trying to find any good points to give this product so it only pulls up negative reveiws from me. That could change in the future but for now its :thumbsdown:

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)

Last edited by slim and shady : 06-29-2008 at 03:31 PM.