Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2006, 05:32 AM
Weeeee!

Default Re: Ipod question

This is the program I use. http://www.ephpod.com/ It is free and is full featured.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:25 AM

Ok another quik question for you gurus out there, don't wanna be hijacking vike's thread, but if you can help that'd be cool.
When I plug in my iPod of course it automatically brings up itunes and updates the iPod to whatever is on itunes. If you delete a song it takes it off the ipod and vice versa. You know if there's there a way to delete the songs from the computer without taking them off the ipod? Still being able to put more songs on the ipod just getting rid of everything on the PC. It's just wasting so much space on the computer especially since I never use them on it.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:46 AM
Weeeee!

Yup. Bring up iTunes and then go to edit>preferences>iPod and there should be a selection somewhere on there that has you control the iPod manually. Set it so that there is no automatic synchronization and you should be good to go.
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
Old 02-17-2006, 10:03 AM

Ok, but if I delete say 5 songs from the computer how do I update my iPod without it taking those 5 songs off the iPod too?? It seems as of yet anything I want on my iPod "HAS" to remain(wasting space) on the computer.
Suggestions?
Old 02-17-2006, 10:15 AM
Weeeee!

Well my way of not syncronizing with the iPod it wouldn't take it off the iPod. I know what you mean. The iPod always looks in that folder for the song and if it isn't in there is shows an error or delets it off the iPod. With my work around the iPod will always store the songs. The drawback is you have no way of removing the song from the iPod. I guess that is where the programs we have given to Vike come into play.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:22 AM

So these programs that let you copy from your ipod to the computer would then be putting the songs back on the computer so you could then(if you wanted to) erase them from your ipod? So it's not like the songs would be permanently stuck on the ipod. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I still can't figure out how to put songs onto the iPod manually though, help?
Old 02-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Do what you like.

Your iTunes Preferences should look something like this, when your iPod is plugged in, see that I have the manual button checked? that's what you need to do. Then when you click on the iPod, you can manually drag and drop songs off and on it, but you can't export them to another computer, you'll need a program like Dre's or something.

and for those of us who use macs, iPod Viewer, or iPod Rip, work great to get songs off of any iPod, and I believe they might work with PC formatted iPods as well as Mac ones! (Though I haven't tried it)
We're the boys of the county hell

Last edited by Nader : 02-17-2006 at 11:43 AM.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Mag Lover

you dont need a program to ripp off the music guys... just got to startmenu, search...select the Ipod as the drive you search and search for .mp3 and or .m4p all the songs on the ipod will pop up then you just select them and copy paste, from there just add them to your library and the problem is solved...

ps
I know this works I do it all the time to trade music
Old 02-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Weeeee!

Real player V.10 FTW. Try it out. It's pretty good. Drag and drop files just like a regular folder. I just filled up my wifes iPod with Gangsta Rap. Oh won't she be pleased.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:07 PM
wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drefish99
Real player V.10 FTW. Try it out. It's pretty good. Drag and drop files just like a regular folder. I just filled up my wifes iPod with Gangsta Rap. Oh won't she be pleased.
lol I need an iPod, as soon as some of you bums buy some stuff from me I'm, gonna get one..