Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Trading Post > Sales Corner
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default How to post pictures in sales threads

Lately, I've warned several people that they have to post pictures in their sales threads. IF the person had actually read our BST rules, they would have noticed that the 10th rule on the list is, "Pictures are required for all sales threads". Now, let me put it in simpler terms for you. Would YOU buy something, sight unseen, from people you don't know? I certainly wouldn't and if you do, you might want to read this link...

Invariably, I always get the same, "I don't know how to post a picture" response. I look at the number of posts you have, and notice you have feedback on 4 other forums, and you're telling me you don't know how to post pictures? Well, whatever, but here's how you go about doing it on OUR site.

Edit - I know this is basic, but it appears it's actually needed. So, bear with me and be patient!

1. You must take a picture, either digital or otherwise, and then upload it to your computer. If you have a digital camera, just attach the camera and upload your pictures. If you have a standard camera, you can get your pictures printed, then scan it into your computer. But, you can't even start this process with the pics on your computer - so get them there!

2. Now you have to have it hosted somewhere on the internet for you. There are several places you can choose, the more popular being Photobucket or Imageshack. Google is your friend - search for photo or picture hosting.

3. Once you've decided on a host, sign up and get your pictures uploaded to their site. The next step is somewhat important to me - CHECK THE SIZE OF THE PICTURE! All hosting sites have a function that allows you to resize your pictures - mostly for the smaller.

I have a large monitor, and nothing irritates me more than have a GINORMOUS picture eating up my internet time while I wait for it to upload. If it's large, don't be a lazy ass, resize the damn thing! Your customers will thank you! Personally, my favorite size for viewing is 640 by 480, but that's just me. Others like them a tad bit larger. It's up to you, of course.

4. Copy the URL link given to you from your host - found somewhere on the page, probably in a "URL" box. If you can't find it, just copy the address from your address bar.

5. Come back to our site and type your post IN THE BST THREADS. Don't take your BST to any other thread - it will be deleted! Just start a new thread.

6. Type out all the details of the sale, including a price, and paste the picture here. There are a couple of ways to do it:

First - you can click the "Image" picture above your text box (up there ^^^). It's a small yellow box with what looks like a mountain and a square in it. THis will bring up an Explorer User Script Prompt box (in IE). Paste the link that you copied earlier in that box and hit OK.

Second - you can type [Img][/Img] around the link to your picture.

Note, places like Photobucket actually include the [Img] tags in the link that you can copy, so all you have to do is right click in the text box and paste the link you copied with no other work.

7. You are only allowed to have 10 pictures per post, so keep that in mind when posting pictures.

8. Profit.

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. But, DON'T post your BST thread without a picture!