Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2008, 03:31 PM
»BaY ArEa«

Default Re: I'll be getting a tattoo soon.

I like the new font, and I really like the wings, it gives it a look, like God is actually on the cross.
-Mark 9:24
Old 05-19-2008, 03:46 PM

Well...It is kind of hard to tackle the issue of religious tattoos. I see a few reasons to think twice about this one.

1.You are young. Who knows where your beliefs might lead you. I think getting a religious tattoo will actually hurt you in the long run, as you will feel obligated to follow that certain religion. You don't give yourself the opportunity to explore other options, which could actually further concrete your faith in god.

2.It's generic. So many cross tattoos are on people, and so many of the people don't know how to follow the Christian faith. They are cheaters, liars, *******s, ect. Don't be surprise if by getting the tattoo you are pretty quickly labeled as a douche bag. Kind of the same thing that goes for kanji tattoos. You just kinda look like a tool. Not saying you are, at all. I'm just saying that people will be quick to label you.

3.This one isn't a reason, more of a suggestion. If you do have your heart set on a religious tattoo, I'd do a lot of soul searching and thinking. Think about when you were saved. Think about times that you have heard god, times that you have seen his work. Think about those times and make a mental image of what you see. Turn that into a tattoo. Get something that is personal to you. Not a generic cross. Get something that you can look at and say yes, that happened, that is me, and I love it. Get something that people will ask questions about, not something that people will look at and say 'oh....another christian.'

Just my advice. Ya don't have to take it for much.

My other suggestion would be to get the smiley angel!
2k2 OSKUSA.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:56 PM
»BaY ArEa«

I would definitely think about what Moe just said, seeing as not all people keep their same religion through life. The one thing that I don't agree with, but the reason probably being is the fact that I don't do it is the, essentially I think what he said is a Stereotype for people with a cross.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:28 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

I'm a devout Christian... I do sin, I apologize for my sins, and I keep living, trying my best to follow His writings and His expectations for me.

I will never change my religion due to the fact that I'm taught that once you accept Him into your heart, you can never lose him. He is always by your side. I would like to find something more personal... I agree on that fact, but I am getting a religious tattoo.

I will never completely lose faith in God. I know He exists purely because of what He's done in my life, in my families lives, in my friends lives, and how I see Him working through my mother to help others. My mother is one of those people (flame all you want... people can, and do talk to God... some people communicate differently then others and God selects those strong enough to actually hear his voice) who can communicate/talk to God.

Yes a cross is generic and a lot of people have them... but I couldn't think of anything else. I was thinking of wings... just angel wings with a ribbon of text flowing between them with clouds shaded around... I will work on drawing that up.

Basically, this is just to help me figure out what I really want for a tattoo. I know I want one, I know I want a religious one, and I know I want it on my pectoral over my heart. What I don't know is exactly what design/object I want.

Honestly, now that I think of it... I really want wings. I know I have a guardian angel due to the fact that I'm still alive. I should have died as a infant. My mother had me on a changing table and turned around for a second to grab something. When she turned around, I was levitating half of my body extended off of the changing table. She didn't even think, just reached out and grabbed me and I fell into her arms. There is no explanation aside from that of an angel holding my body just long enough for my mother to grab me.

An other example, I was pushed down a flight of stairs in middle school. These were concrete stairs. I did a complete flip in the air, didn't ONCE hit my head on the stairs when I should have and landed at the bottom, smashing my scooter (which was in my hand) in half. Something guided my fall.

Thanks for the incite guys.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 05-19-2008, 08:56 PM
»BaY ArEa«

I am a Christian to for some of the same general reasons. I was brought up by my grandparents in church, and after a while I got my parents to start going to church.

I think a religious tattoo would be great! I have nothing against it, I just know some people... like my friends that believe in "part" of god and say they are a Christian. I just know that some people after they get married lose faith because they take on their partners faith.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:23 PM
MR's 4 Sale

man, regardless of what anyone says, if it's what you want than do it. Some may say a cross is generic, but so are all the tribal tattoos everyone sports. I'd say keep it as it is, it actually looks pretty cool and if you find a really respectable artist they will probably put their own style into it to make it look even better. If you're devout than you shouldn't have any problem when people try to label you for it because you'll be able to speak and prove them wrong. Tattoos should tell a story, and yours will tell your story the way you want it told. I'm not christian but I can still tell by looking at the design that it has some serious meaning, it's not just a trendy cross. The only other advice I really have, is don't price shop a tattoo. If you don't have enough money to get it done by a highly respected artist, work out a deal with them. Get some outline done on one visit then come back for some more when you have more money. I was in this business for many years and I'd always get depressed seeing people with shoddy work because they went for the deal. Just my advice. I'm sick and rambling. Hope it turns out great for you.