Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2008, 02:01 PM

Default PLEASE HELP... MR2 is acting weird

Hi, I was in my back yard for the first time shooting my MR2. I did what every one said I got HPA, XSV Vlocity but I broke the thing to change modes so it might be on a low force mode, I broke in the ACS bolt and bought Timmy detents ( I think the guy at the store is a idiot because when i came home they seemed to be the exact same as my stock detents). After all this i could not shoot remotely fast with out it chopping? what do I do?

PLEASE HELP!!
Old 03-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Has Been

Default Re: PLEASE HELP... MR2 is acting weird

what kind of paint were you using?
if it was old, or brittle, that is your problem.
It may have been to big for the bore of your barrel as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:52 PM

Yes, but it was breaking in the feed neck area. ( the paint i got for free from a guy it had seems and was rated 5 out of10 and it was old )
Old 03-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Resident *******

Take one of the balls out and check to see the paint to bore match on your barrel. I don't think that's the case with the main issue, but it might be contributing.

I'd email ViewLoader about the button issue as that should not have happened... unless it was blatantly your fault? Either way, email ViewLoader about a new board for the VLocity.

My bet is that either the paint's dropping in the feedneck and breaking when it hits the breech, the hopper's crushing the paint, or you're out-shooting the low-force moded VLocity. Get new paint and fix the hopper and it should be fine.

EDIT: Check the paint for me as well. Take it and drop it on cement from about head-height (6ft). Does it break, or does it bounce? Try it with three different balls, and only drop them once. If it breaks from head height it's a good ball, if it bounces it's horrid rec paint. Take another few balls and drop them from waist height. Same thing, do they bounce or break? If they break, they're too brittle normally, and probably are old enough I wouldn't want to shoot them.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 03-28-2008, 05:25 PM

I only had 200 hundred balls so I am going to buy different fresh paint. The Vlocity was purley my fault i took it apart and when i put the shells together i cliped it off by accident and I have no reciept. What regulator would you recomend for the MR2?
Old 03-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Has Been

Make sure you go somewhere and get good paint, like an actual paintball store. Not wallmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:51 PM

yea I know, and I have a huge kink in my hose could that contribute to my problem?
Old 03-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Not too new guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by propaintballer2378 View Post
yea I know, and I have a huge kink in my hose could that contribute to my problem?
Possibly, it might be restricting airflow and preventing it from recocking fully however that would result in a autofire type effect and then it would chop insanely.

As for your regulator question, are you looking for a regulator to fit inside for foregrip or do you want to mount it as an ASA or what? If you're looking to fit it inside the foregrip look at a CP Reg and if you want to mount it as an ASA look at a female Palmer Stabilizer.

<<XX PILOT OWNERS CLUB # 36 XX>>

The Official Manual Thread

Spyder Feedback
PBN Feedback
Old 03-29-2008, 01:59 PM

Yes, I want it to fit in the front foregrip so I guess a CP reg are they good? When I am done in stalling the reg it should make my gun more consistant and accurate right? This will aslo allow me to run on lower pressure right?