Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Air Systems
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2008, 11:21 AM
juggalo

Default any Air America experts?

i recently bought an air america raptor rex reg, and was curious about the markings on the reg. i have a high pressure guage that shows tank pressure, 1 port marked "output" for a remote line (not an ASA reg), 1 port marked "input" for the fill nipple, and 2 unknown ports, 1 marked "high" and 1 marked "low" with plugs in place. what are these ports for? maybe an output pressure guage?
i downloaded the air america factory manual for the raptor and raptor rex, but these ports are not mentioned.
the reg is turned on/off with the pressure adjusting cap on the end of the reg, but without a guage telling me the output pressure, that seems rather hit or miss.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Resident *******

Default Re: any Air America experts?

Those plugs are for the burst disks. Under those plugs should be brass disks. If you need replacements, Guerilla Air is actually the good people that left Air America when NPS took over. Their replacement disks for Ambush regs (mebbe more, I don't remember) are actually direct replacements as they used the same technology they used back at Air America in the good 'ol days.

That is, unless you're glossing over the burst disks and talking about something else? The "High" is on the HP side of the regulator, and is for a gauge for the tank's PSI. The "low" is on the LP side of the regulator, and is for a gauge for the tank's output PSI. Should be fine to take the plug out so long as it isn't the burst disk, and put on a gauge. I'd suggest a 0-1500psi gauge to be sure it wont blow on you -- the tanks have a max output of 1100psi supposedly, but I would give it some more room than a 1200psi gauge would.

Hope that helps...

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 03-23-2008, 08:52 PM
juggalo

why 2 burst disks? i know you need one to dump tank pressure, for safety reasons, buy i dont see a purpose to dump from the regulated side. anyway, so i can pluck out the "low" plug and a guage will go in there? sweet. thanks for the help
Old 03-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Resident *******

Yup, exactly. It's what I did with my AA Apocalypse 2k before I replaced the regulator with a newer Guerilla Air Myth.

The two burst disks are there for a fairly sensible reason. The one's on the HP side to not blow up your tank, and the LP one's there to, well, not blow up your gun! Trust me, nothing besides a Mag likes pressures above 1200psi!

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to