Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2008, 12:45 PM
New Guy

Default Gun in semi auto but does burst? and more.

i will have my gun in semi auto and it will shoot fine but then i get a burst shot some times 2 or 3. changed my feeder to an electric motion feeder from just a normal gravity feeder. didnt help at all. so i thought it was trigger bounce. but i played in warm weather and it still did it (plus when i do play in cold weather it doesnt happen to anyones just my pilot i will switch to the e99 i have and it will be fine). then i realized that i had been oiling my bolt. guess its a oil free bolt so i wiped it all down. played still no good. is it a board problem???? also adjusted my trigger. should i adjust trigger pressure??? im so lost ive tried everything i could think of any more ideas would be great!!! also in game play i have to take my cocking pin out because when im using it the pin shots out of the bolt..... is there a adjustment to tighten that metal ball bearing so it doesnt shot out?? i think i might have got a messed up pilot lol. any help would be great guy and girls.

thank you
Nix
Old 02-04-2008, 02:13 PM
WILL WORK FOR PAINT!

Default Re: Gun in semi auto but does burst? and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix View Post
i will have my gun in semi auto and it will shoot fine but then i get a burst shot some times 2 or 3. changed my feeder to an electric motion feeder from just a normal gravity feeder. didnt help at all. so i thought it was trigger bounce.
Its either bounce or you hammer is skipping when it does this does it go really fast like its runnin out of air or does it go slow enough that the loader keeps up? If its not going crazy out of air fast then you have trigger bounce.

then i realized that i had been oiling my bolt. guess its a oil free bolt so i wiped it all down. no need to oil the bolt the derlin kingman uses is cheap andhas been known to swell it wasnt causing your problems.

also in game play i have to take my cocking pin out because when im using it the pin shots out of the bolt..... is there a adjustment to tighten that metal ball bearing so it doesnt shot out?? Yes there is a screw in the back of the bolt, carefully with a good fitting screwdriver try tightening it. If it wont move then its loctited in place and will be nearly impossible to get out without destroying the screw in the process.

thank you
Nix
All pilots have these problems.

Spyder Victor with a modded CORE derlin bolt, polished striker and polished valve assembly

BEING POOR SUCKS
Old 02-04-2008, 06:52 PM
New Guy

thank you kenny, any other comments would be great.

thanks
Nix
Old 02-05-2008, 06:30 AM
Not too new guy

I agree with Kenny, it sounds like your having bounce. Try adjusting your trigger a little farther away from the switch.

<<XX PILOT OWNERS CLUB # 36 XX>>

The Official Manual Thread

Spyder Feedback
PBN Feedback
Old 02-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Spyder Vet

It sounds like you are experiencing trigger bounce. As for the cocking pin, you have to remove the bolt and disassemble it. When you have it down to the metal inside, heat up the end where the cocking pin goes with a hair dryer or heat gun. This will soften the loc-tite that holds the set screw in place. This set screw pushes against a spring and ball bearing which in turn hold the cocking pin. Once you've loosened it up, put in the cocking pin and tighten the screw in quarter turn incraments while checking to remove the pin. When it gets to where you can't comfortably remove the pin; stop and back off the set screw about a 1/4-1/8 turn. You should be at a place where it holds the pin but doesn't fly out when playing. If you need a new pin, check Sundragon:
http://www.sundragonpps.com/catalog/...47/2940653.htm
While you have the gun apart you may as well remove the grip and trigger from the body and give the sear a wipedown then re-oiling. I've always used lube instead of oil with good results. See Macroline guy for slick-honey:
http://www.macrolineguy.com/slick.html
Good luck.
These colors will never run.