Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2008, 05:22 PM

Default mr3 newbe

ive been useing my mr1 for a while now and want to buy an mr3 instead of making the mr1 electric, heres my questions

my plan was/is to buy the mr3 a 20" j&j and run it off a 20 once co2 tank and my remote coil. i havent figued out which hopper yet but im working on it lol

is their any downsides to my plan? or anything i should know about the mr3 that might make me consider a different gun?

i dont play in the rain and i read the thread about the clamping feed from trinity (which i have on order) and am not 100% on how i will make it work on the mr3, cant have wires getting hung up on twigs but i can still use it for the mr1

-MR1: trinity feedneck, mr series 16" riffled, no co2 filter, macro line, 48/3000 steely, remote coil. soon: j&j 16"-20", mr series stock.

IF YOUR PARENTS DONT PAY FOR YOU TO PLAY PAINTBALL PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG
Old 01-08-2008, 04:32 AM

Default Re: mr3 newbe

I just got a mr3 myself for xmas its great. Your setup is ok for your mr3. If you have the money and resources go with hpa. I have used co2 on gun and at high rof's the co2 will freeze your gun for a few sec's (havent had this happen on a remote tho) Also for a hopper id recommend a true forcefeed hopper to counter the blowback of the mr3 as it creates a feed problem with some hoppers and lastly i think the feedneck will attach but you would have to make your own eye covers
Old 01-08-2008, 04:40 AM

i like the evolution 3 hoppers, mostly the look. i havent looked to see if its fast enough. i would need a hopper thats atleast 25 bps right??. id mostly just play on semi with the eyes but everyonce and a while let loose.

the eyes work on auto dont they? i figured they do because it would be useless if not but it doesnt say anywere

-MR1: trinity feedneck, mr series 16" riffled, no co2 filter, macro line, 48/3000 steely, remote coil. soon: j&j 16"-20", mr series stock.

IF YOUR PARENTS DONT PAY FOR YOU TO PLAY PAINTBALL PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG
Old 01-08-2008, 04:50 AM

no eyes on full auto but with a fast enough hopper you shouldnt have many probs with chopping. the eyes work great on semi tho . i havent used an egg so idk how well it performs, im in the process of looking for a hopper myself. I have been using a ricochet apache and i have had a jam almost every time i go full and once in semi w/o eyes. This prob i think is most likely the blowback from the mr3 as some of the left over gas is thrown back up the feedtube. I am going to invest in a true forcefeed hopper for that reason. I was either looking into a vl eyeforce, vlocity, or halo as a possibility.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:02 AM
MAYHEM MiLiTiA

i got the mr3 for christmas as well love it!! not one ball chopped yet, even on auto! im running co2 and have had no problems, the evolution 3 works very well!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...656&pr=goog-sl

Last edited by wujersey1 : 01-17-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:35 AM
New Guy

you need a hopper that can at least do 17bps. that is what kingman recomends. i have Reloader B on mine
Old 01-17-2008, 09:31 AM
Lee Marvin Fan

I just got my eye-force in the mail today.

I'll let you know as soon as the weather clears up...

I was using a Tacamo Archon hopper. No chops on semi eyes on, chopped every single time on auto eyes off... hence the eye-force order.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongkongcavaliers
I just got my eye-force in the mail today.

I'll let you know as soon as the weather clears up...

I was using a Tacamo Archon hopper. No chops on semi eyes on, chopped every single time on auto eyes off... hence the eye-force order.
the eyeforce should solve the chopping problem i got mine in the mail yesterday and ran 200 rounds thru it and it worked fine =D
Old 01-28-2008, 01:07 PM
Lee Marvin Fan

The VL Eye-Force worked great on semi-eyes-on.

It kept up with auto for about 12 rounds, then SPLAT!!!

Green paint, oozing through the eye covers.

Cleaned it up, tried it again and same thing...

I am really disappointed in the auto, I'd actually like to try to disable auto. In the heat off battle, the ROF selector slid up to auto and SPLAT! Green paint, oozing.