Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Re: chopping and remote line question.

Well, define break in? As I sed before in this thread, It has been through maybe 1500 rounds. However, I have shot a few times this past week and I played yesterday. Id say a total 3000 rounds have been shot from this gun. If breaking in is the problem, is there another way to break it in faster, besides just shooting?
Old 11-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Mountian Dew sponsored

take the bolt out, and stick a carpenters pencil between the top on the metal thing that holds the spring and the top on the hole,

let it sit there for like a day
Old 11-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Life is peachy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chnk
take the bolt out, and stick a carpenters pencil between the top on the metal thing that holds the spring and the top on the hole,

let it sit there for like a day
What he said ^
Also look for threads "Breaking in the ACS bolt" There is alot of different ways to do it.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:06 PM

Ok, I read some of the other ways to break in the bolt, I was also reading why I might be shooting two balls at once. I guy sed detents? What are detents? What do they do and how can they be replaced?
Old 11-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Life is peachy

Take the feedneck off and you will find your detents there. its a small peice of rubber to stop the ball from rolling out the barrel. Most people use Timmy detents, they seem to work best. and you can change it yourself easy.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:09 AM

ok, sounds eays enough. This should help out the shooting two balls at once thing?
Old 11-07-2007, 02:38 PM
TJ

Try getting new detents.

That might help.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:31 PM

Ok, went out and shot yesterday and heres the update. Now, keep in mind, this is with the stock Halo w/rip drive and I even did the "bolt breakin" thing. I just put a pin through the bolt to keep the spring compressed for 1 day. I still shoot out two balls at once, thats a given. Also, it seems like I chop more? In 600 rounds or so, I chopped about 7 times. Even in burst mode. I must admit, I was ready to soak the gun gasoline and take a match to it after I put two or three mags from my Glock into it. But, seriously, I not putting anymore money into it because I might be getting another pretty soon. However, If you guys have any other suggestion, please< enlighten me.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:42 PM
TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK3ma70
Ok, went out and shot yesterday and heres the update. Now, keep in mind, this is with the stock Halo w/rip drive and I even did the "bolt breakin" thing. I just put a pin through the bolt to keep the spring compressed for 1 day. I still shoot out two balls at once, thats a given. Also, it seems like I chop more? In 600 rounds or so, I chopped about 7 times. Even in burst mode. I must admit, I was ready to soak the gun gasoline and take a match to it after I put two or three mags from my Glock into it. But, seriously, I not putting anymore money into it because I might be getting another pretty soon. However, If you guys have any other suggestion, please< enlighten me.
I was having the same problem, then i got the timmy detents and it stopped chopping as much, so i highly reccommend new detents, its like 10 for 10 or 15$ if i remember correctly
Old 11-25-2007, 05:44 PM
do not feed

you should get the v35 for the halo b.