Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Mountian Dew sponsored

Default Re: I need some suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chulito1992
or maybe get a new valve madmann or turbo valve
if you pick these up, you'll have to convert your marker to a low pressure operating system,

last i check high pressure over 400 psi would damage these valves,
Old 11-12-2007, 05:21 AM
The lone wolf... hunts and stalks you!

Lightbulb Re: I need some suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderMan723
But with the reg, wouldn't I have to undo my macro line and put it back into the reg?

I'm technically challenged so I don't think I want to do that + I have a game coming up this sunday and I dont want to mess up my gun

O lord... take that money, and buy some braided line (actionvillage.com is a great place) i know a lot of people like macro... but man if your in a game, best hope your lines dont break at a bad time. Its like 5 bucks, but thats up to you! good luck (o and if its about shiney crap.. some shrink wrap can color your stainless steel and protect it, or something simpler)
palmers female reg
striker kit
sawed stock off
hammerhead barrel (the best! Barrel )
20oz CO2,
spyder red dot
Old 11-17-2007, 06:31 AM
TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperX
Spyderman723!

Stay away from that stock, it's horrible.

I've got one here and it does not matchup with the marker very well.
-It's very sloppy and does not mount snug. Moves about an inch at the end back and forth, up and down wobble.
-The velocity adjuster didn't even work correctly doesn't even interface the same way as the MR2 does.

I sent an email to complain to RAP4, they did accomodate me and sent an aftermarket valve guide to go into the velocity adjustment body on the stock, but they way the velocity screws in, it only moves a max of about an 1/8 of an inch. So good luck dialing in your marker after installing this. they also told me to wrap teflon tape around the mount to get rid of the slop.

Point is, this stock was not made for the MR2 specifically and just merely a coincidence that it mirrors other spyder models that the stock will work correctly with.

I think you are better off trying something different unless you don't mind having to fix the stock before you can even use it.

Out of the box, scale 1-10< I give it a 2.

I know, i got it in the mail the other day and it was crap.

I paid 22$ to get it shipped before my big game, so i pretty much lost that.

I'm sending it back
Old 11-17-2007, 09:24 AM
<<< my friend's idea of good camouflage...

http://www.expertshot.com/protespmr2m4.html

I heard the Pro F/X MR2 stock was pretty good, Im not real sure on that, but you can ask someone like pbgrandpa about it. I am planning on getting in in the not too distant future.

SNIPER

-A skilled military rifleman detailed to spot and pick off enemy soldiers from a concealed place.
-One who shoots at other people from a concealed place.

Those who that say a paintball sniper doesn't exist, haven't come across one yet.

View My Special Ops Brigade Page
Old 11-17-2007, 10:02 AM

Respected, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverWolf
O lord... take that money, and buy some braided line (actionvillage.com is a great place) i know a lot of people like macro... but man if your in a game, best hope your lines dont break at a bad time. Its like 5 bucks, but thats up to you! good luck (o and if its about shiney crap.. some shrink wrap can color your stainless steel and protect it, or something simpler)

I've never once had macroline break in a game and I've used macro on every single marker I've ever owned. Braided lines are nice, and last longer than macro, but they can go bad just like macro. The cost of replacement for braided is way more than macro.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 11-17-2007, 03:11 PM
MR2 X-style

I have to agree with Shunut.

Macro line is pretty durable, I'd like to see anyone here attempt to break it or tear it with their bare hands, just not going to happen.

Also the ease of breaking down the marker, especially the MR2 with the front grip, using Macro line makes dissasembly a breeze, I'll have my "torn" macro line replaced by the time you dig out your wrenches to fix your braided line.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

I back these last two posts completely. I've had a braided line with a pin hole in it and it cost 10 bucks to replace. I bought two macro fittings and hose for like 5 bucks and in 5 years haven't had problems with it. Every gun I've had since my spyder has had macro on it, and not a single issue.

However, if I do, macro at my field is like a buck or so a foot in any color I want (may be more expensive, but team discounts FTW...) Ease of removal and replacement is more than worth the cost.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

macro is pretty strong stuff. just to cut it, i usually end up using big scissors or those flower-stem cutters.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 11-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Not too new guy

Well, not to go against what everyone said but.....I have had macro burst. Then again it was during a long day sitting out in the sun. I completely agree with the fact that macro is way easier to use and much cheaper. But I can also see braided line being more durable in a Woodsball situation. Plus you can just use quick diconnects to make it easier for disassembly.

Either way both will work so just choose whichever one you think will work better for you type of play.

<<XX PILOT OWNERS CLUB # 36 XX>>

The Official Manual Thread

Spyder Feedback
PBN Feedback