FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2007, 03:14 AM
God...Faith...Paint

Default Tadao Musashi 7 Upgrade Chip for the Tadao Board for VS Markers

Here is a copy of my review that I posted on vsusergoup.com:

From the manufacturer:

http://www.tadaotechnologies.com/default.asp

The Tadao VS Spyder chip is a drop-in upgrade for the Kingman Tadao VS Spyder board. It brings the full Musashi 7 software to the VS Spyder series, including triple debounce filters, a dozen fire modes, breakout modes, and the intuitive LED based programming mode interface. The circuit board is the most important part of any electronic paintball marker, and upgrading it can enhance all the performance characteristics. Tadao's leading edge Musashi 7 software provides the user with the ultimate in adjustability and speed.

Note: Your marker must already have a Kingman Tadao Spyder VS board for this chip to work correctly!

# Fully legal in the NPPL, PSP, and Millennium tournament series
# 12 modes of fire

* Unlimited semi-automatic
* Adjustable semi-automatic
* PSP auto-response
* PSP 50% ramping
* PSP 100% ramping
* PSP 3 round burst
* NXL full-automatic
* Auto-response
* 50% ramping
* Millennium 100% ramping
* 3 round burst
* Full-automatic

# More than 1 billion unique ways to adjust settings
# Asynchronously monitors the trigger switch, using an interrupt based scan at 2 million times per second for the quickest response time and fastest semi-automatic
# Rate of fire adjustable from 14 to unlimited bps in 0.25 bps increments
# AMB (anti-mechanical bounce) and CPF (cycle percentage filter) algorithms help to prevent mechanical and switch bounce without missing real trigger pulls
# G-mode setting allows 3 different options for every firemode, giving 36 different "breakout" style modes
# 7 color LED provides an easy to use programming mode without opening the grips, which allows changes to nearly any variable, including debounce, dwell, loader delay, AMB, fire mode, max rate of fire, eye mode, CPF, G-mode breakout, ramp start activation, and more
# All settings are stored in non-volatile memory so they are not lost when the battery is disconnected
# Power efficient software and hardware lengthen battery life
# Automatic 15 minute idle power down saves batteries
# One-touch startup enables the marker to fire almost instantly
# Low battery indicator hardware and software shows battery level each time the marker is turned on

My review:

I ordered my Musashi 7 Upgrade Chip direct from Tadao Technologies via their website the same day that it came out I think. I believe it was a Saturday and I ordered my Tadao board (a pre-requisite for the chip) the same day. I could not believe how fast the upgrade chip arrived. It was in my mailbox on Monday morning! How did they do that? I had to wait until the end of the week for the board to arrive so I could test it out.

The chip comes in a nice package that is identical to the packaging for the upgrade board. A cardboard box inside of a sleeve and the chip sits inside of an anti-static bag along with the color instruction pages and a small sticker set (the upgrade board did not come with stickers ). The instructions are very straight forward just like the installation of the chip. All you have to do is carefully remove the chip that is already installed in the stock board and then plug in the new chip. You should disconnect the battery and try to take a couple of shots to discharge the capacitor before doing this. The chip looks like this:

Be very careful that you do not bend any of the pins on the chip. You can use a small flat head screwdriver if necessary but be careful! Pry one side up a small bit and then the other and then repeat until the chip can easily be lifted out.

Once I had the new chip plugged in I plugged in the stock battery (Tadao says for best results use the stock 9.6 volt that came with your VS) and powered up my marker. I was now in the land of programming bliss with full control over my VS marker with uncapped rate of fire, 12 fire modes and more!! This chip is a MUST HAVE upgrade for the Tadao board.

I tested the board with the stock settings just playing around with some of the different modes. Holy cow! You have never had fun until you have unloaded a pod of paint on the side of the neighbors house in full auto (they shouldn't have moved out!).

In fact, here is a Youtube video on full auto:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfnssXa0XRs

And here is one with ramping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oclqvNU9Ycg

The eye logic is awesome as you can see from the video even at high speeds I had no ball breaks. You must have a very fast loader to be able to keep up with this chip.

The chip also gives you access to fine tuning settings including: Rate of fire, Cycle Percentage Filter, Breakout modes, Anti-Mechanical Bounce, loader delay, bolt delay, dwell, debounce, two separate eye modes and more. Visit the Tadao Website and download the manual for a more detailed explanation of these modes and settings.

Overall this is a great chip and my choice after trying the Scenario Dreams T-Board. The Tadao Upgrade board in combination with the Musashi 7 upgrade chip will unlock the monster that is caged up inside of your VS marker. I cannot tell you how many times at the field people come up to me and cannot believe that I am shooting a Spyder. This board allows you the speed to compete with higher end markers on the field and will give you an edge to your game. It is fully legal in the NPPL, PSP, and Millenium Tournament series.