Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Air Systems
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2005, 10:07 AM

Default Air Tank Suggestions...

Hey fellas, I'm currently using Co2 for my Esprit. Air Tank's were a bit out of my price range for a bit. But with a shiny credit card, sometimes certain things are possible huh lol.

Anyway up until last night I think I finally figured out what all the ci/psi stuff meant. Basically 3000/4500 is what the tank holds and they shoot 800-850 out of the box if Im not mistaken (correct me if im wrong so far). Anyway, that means that each shot is 800 psi which is alot, Hence why people try to get LP SPyders going correctly, More shots per tank! yay. Anyway, I've seen a few expensive tanks and a few inexpensive tanks, im looking for a small size tank, maybe 47-8ci, 3000psi.

I dont have alot of money, Any suggestions on what I should and shouldn't use. My marker isnt lp currently (obviously) but it will be in time. Ive seen some bulldog tanks, cheap for around 80 bucks. Some steel for same price, and then of course it goes uphill from there.

And if anyone has anything to say about the bulldog tanks, quite appreciated, Im looking at one that is a 68/3000 PSI CARBON WRAP BULLDOG AIR SYSTEM for around 80 bucks U.S. I Will not buy it but that's a starting point. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:14 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Re: Air Tank Suggestions...

I have a 68/4500 cf Bulldog, and it's never failed me.

I had to rebuild the reg when I got it (only actually needed the oring that goes on the pin, but I bought it for 40.00. That's one of the things I like about Bulldog, that you can rebuild it easily AND change from low to high pressure, just by switching the spring in it.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:25 PM

Respected, period.

You can usually find used ones at any size for a decent price. I would definitely try to get a 4500 psi tank. A 48/3000 is just about the smallest tank you can get. I'd go with a 45/4500 or 68/4500.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 12-29-2005, 02:58 PM
Banned

guirilla air or sp maxflow micro.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:22 PM
Marine Corps.

well .. actually .. you could get a 72ci3k PMI fixed tank for just 64 bucks .. if you go here. And then you could get a 48ci3k for only 60 buck if you click here. i'd rather recommend the 72ci though .. for just 4 more bucks .. you get a lot more...
Old 12-29-2005, 03:40 PM
Weeeee!

If you have an Ebay account I would recommend looking at this. http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-4500psi-nitr...cm dZViewItem

$135 for a 68/4500 fiber wrapped tank is a really good deal.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado
The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:12 PM

Theres loads of great deals on PbNation for tanks of all sizes and brands, you just need to be very careful when picking a seller. Be sure to check feedback and take the necessary precautions.

Proud Owner of an Automag!