Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > News & Updates
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2007, 05:44 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Re: PMR new price

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON
Ah pitty teh foo who bought them and the UL before all this discounted splendor -
Holds up hand.

That would be me. I bought the UL frame right when it came out, so I paid all of the 200.00 for it - no shipping though! Also paid the full 400.00 for the gun because it was right when it came out. And don't give me the "You could have bought a PM6 for that, because PM6's were about 800.00 at the time...

I really, really, really think this is a crappy deal that is being handed out to those of us that bought early this year - not only does it kill resale (if you're of a mind to sell) but when all these kids who buy the latest, greatest things when they come out every year only to trade in a couple of weeks, finally figure out how it's working, they'll start waiting until the end of the year to buy things instead of when they come out, which will also RAISE prices of the guns.

In laymen's terms, instead of having "high end" guns at "mid level" gun prices, the company will call lack of sales and start back with the high prices again, but the guns will have low resale.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:57 AM
THE GAME

Paintball is definately evolving this year... into a cheaper sport... whether or not it's a good thing overall is beside the point... the point is I, and small shop owners are getting screwed by these price CUTS. My local field was pissed about the PMR + UL combo because he had to match it or lose the sale... meaning he only made like 15 bucks. Most online shops can absorb this cost, but he gets screwed because he needs to keep his field running off of sales. Its not like this is some "well its old technology now, and people wouldn't pay as much"... its basically just company whims to try to sell more, but people are getting screwed by buying it days early or weeks early and in vike and my case maybe a month or two early. PMR was a decent gun, but now after the value of it dropped, it's worse off than my ion. Atleast when i sell my ion i only take a hit of about ~$80 what i payed, the PMR takes a hit of OVER $250.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Cpt of team Lost Cause

WOW a Empire b is now 97 and a halo b with rip is 84.99!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU PAINBALL GODS!!!!!
Pilot Owners club #64
!Pilot ACS black to blue fade!,
32* spring set,
Calmping Feedneck,
Blue Dye Stickeys-
blackVLocity JR/Virtued

Jersey:Purple DXS (dont ask....)
Pants: Blue Dye C7 or Yellow Stinger Combat BDU
Mask:Blue Vents Avatars (clear[cloudy/rainy] or smoke lense[sunny/sunny]
Pack: NXe 3+2+2
U.S. Army ROTC
Old 09-02-2007, 09:11 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

^^^Another example. I paid 160 bucks for mine at a tournament 3 years ago and it's been perfect, only having to buy one set of shells in that entire time. I had to replace the drive cone this weekend, which cost about 10 bucks, so I have 200 probably into this loader - and I can't even sell it for 60 bucks now.

Personally, if there were such a thing as paintball gods - I'd hate them right now.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Cpt of team Lost Cause

lol, sorry vike, just glad that prices are going down..amy be able to get a few ups...lol
Pilot Owners club #64
!Pilot ACS black to blue fade!,
32* spring set,
Calmping Feedneck,
Blue Dye Stickeys-
blackVLocity JR/Virtued

Jersey:Purple DXS (dont ask....)
Pants: Blue Dye C7 or Yellow Stinger Combat BDU
Mask:Blue Vents Avatars (clear[cloudy/rainy] or smoke lense[sunny/sunny]
Pack: NXe 3+2+2
U.S. Army ROTC
Old 09-02-2007, 01:10 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Arrow Re: PMR new price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox313
This gets me to wonder if Proto and SP are going to release completely different guns for the 08 year.
I guess I'll just have to wait for October.
Not sure about dye but lowering these prices like they have may be a hint of that. Sean at SP obscurely mentioned something to that affect. Thing is, last year at WCO they introduced the Epoofkinee. Heh heh, what a let down -

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
*Holds up hand*

.........In laymen's terms, instead of having "high end" guns at "mid level" gun prices, the company will call lack of sales and start back with the high prices again, but the guns will have low resale.
But Vik, you're our hero. You explored this marker and inspired us to indulge. Would you really want to be anything else? -

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler
..........but people are getting screwed by buying it days early or weeks early and in vike and my case maybe a month or two early. PMR was a decent gun, but now after the value of it dropped, it's worse off than my ion. Atleast when i sell my ion i only take a hit of about ~$80 what i payed, the PMR takes a hit of OVER $250.
Same crap happened with the Ion not too long ago. Some dealers got stuck making nothing off them because of a price change. They reversed that not too much later. I could never get out of my Impulse what I put into it. Prolly not even 1/4 of that. That's about a $600 loss. No loss to me because it has served me well and I doubt I will ever let go of it. Some are whores, I'm a hoard -

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCause
WOW a Empire b is now 97 and a halo b with rip is 84.99!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU PAINBALL GODS!!!!!
Hee hee, you think they're doing you a favor but in essence, they're just making room for something new that you'll see at the WCO -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 09-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Say, the Magnadrive loader?

Yeah, I know - I'm like the marines. First in and first to die... However, I have to agree with Dragon (like usual - it's scary, isn't it?) I'm a gun hoarder and won't sell most of my guns for a long time, if ever!