Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > News & Updates
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2007, 02:40 PM
To the MAX

Default Re: Man...I ever see this on a PB field...

At least on the site you must be 18 to order and in the faq/10 rules of shooting or some crap, they say NEVER shoot at someone and all person should wear SHOOTING glasses (not paintball masks)

Rules 10 and 11 of the faq (apparently they have an airsoft version or some crap)

10. Should I ever shoot a .177 cal Barrage Barrel™ at anyone?
NO! .177 cal. Barrage Barrels™ must not be shot at people as serious injury may result. Consult all directions for use and warnings included with your Barrage Barrel™ before using.

11. Should I ever shoot an Airsoft Barrage Barrel™ at anyone?
With much caution. While the velocities can be reduced using your velocity screw on your marker, you may not be able to reduce the velocity to safe levels. The airsoft variants of Barrage Barrel™ can fire with velocities in excess of 550fps. This is not safe for normal airsoft play. It is highly suggested that you check the velocity with a chronograph. As always, PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK & AIM FOR SAFTEY!

from the 10 shooting rules
5. ANYONE SHOOTING OR NEAR A SHOOTER SHOULD WEAR SHOOTING GLASSES.
Also, all other persons should remain behind the shooter.

and a link to the conditions of use http://www.barragebarrel.com/index.p...age=conditions

so I'm not mad about it at all. But if I do see one I'll have to question the guy using it and kick him swiftly in the groin for doing something so dangerous.

however, with the 6mm version I believe there's 6mm paint, so as long as they use that, I don't care.

My Feedback! (+9/-0)

ಠ_ಠ
Old 08-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Nenk...it's illegal, immoral and unethical for me or any other cop to beat the bejezus out of someone for no apparent reason. Yet...it happens.

It's illegal to buy, sell or use narcotics without a prescription. Yet...it happens.

It's Illegal to look at nude pics of children. Yet...it happens.

It's illegal to shoot reballs/marbles from a paintball marker at a Skirmish game. Yet it CONTINUES to happen and people have lost their eyes because of it.

I could go on for days but that will suffice.

I don't care what their posted "rules" or "FAQs" say or what the claims of a waiver or disclaimer represent about ____, people find a way to do what they want with it. That disclaimer means **** to a sociopath...and only a sociopath would use it in a paintball game.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:59 PM
*Insert Clever Title Here*

What conceivable purpose could there be for this product? It's already been pointed out that it's useless for target practice due to the differences between BBs and paintballs... You certainly can't shoot it at people. Cool, I can shred a can... great... that serves what purpose?

I'd love to have a chat with the guy who thought that was a good idea.
Java 68/4500 tank
Old 08-06-2007, 07:40 PM
one ball at a time

all I know is theres gonna be lawsuits and paintball is going to suffer a lashing the likes of which it has never experienced.
I just hope I'm wrong...
Old 08-07-2007, 04:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid
firing a .177 cal BB...steel or copper...is going to have SERIOUS affects on the target.

If it were just a matter of target shooting (like those full auto models at carnivals) and shooting out the "star" on a paper target...then it's a great thing. Taking out annoying pests like squirrels, bats and the occasional stray dog...fine.

The problem is that < 20% of any given society are sociopaths (learned that in college) and in the mind of that sociopath, this is funny. Take my complaints on the Normandy game...and now tripple the threat....

4300 players
10% sociopaths
= 430 sociopaths

4300 players
%20% sociopaths
= 860 sociopaths

It's been confirmed that at least 2 people were arrested for shooting foreign objects/reballs/marbles at Skirmish's '07 Normandy. As far as I'm aware, one lost an eye. MANY were taken off the field, chrono'd at 350+ fps and several were removed for shooting 450+............

Now add THIS thing......
druid speaks the truth
Old 08-07-2007, 05:36 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

How many of you actually read the legal stuff when you download a program, but rather just hit accept and move on? How many of you, when you sign up for any online forum, actually read the rules before signing up? How many of you take the time to read ALL the instructions, every time, on an assignment you have? How many of you read the directions and FAQ on a shampoo bottle?

Yeah, now think about the FAQ and rules on this piece of "equipment." People are going to see this and say, "Cool! But they aren't talking to me," IF they read it. Most aren't even going to care about the stupid FAQ and rules.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:45 AM

Been thinking a bit more as its effectiveness as a bb crossover. Its very innefficient, it loads slow, and its probably loud.

you can build a strafer bb machine gun for about $100 and have 50X the destructive power. I have joined the ranks of useless unless useing it for airsoft crossover, but then the markers cycling comes back to that innefficient part.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:53 PM
To the MAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
How many of you actually read the legal stuff when you download a program, but rather just hit accept and move on? How many of you, when you sign up for any online forum, actually read the rules before signing up? How many of you take the time to read ALL the instructions, every time, on an assignment you have? How many of you read the directions and FAQ on a shampoo bottle?

Yeah, now think about the FAQ and rules on this piece of "equipment." People are going to see this and say, "Cool! But they aren't talking to me," IF they read it. Most aren't even going to care about the stupid FAQ and rules.
I must be a psycho or something...I actually read rules and crap
I think I'm some sort of anomoly in this day and age...I've been told that I belong in an era where men treated all women with the utmost respect and stuck completly to the honor system without fail.....Friggin nice guy attitude hahaha.
to be honest, I've actually read the directions on the shampoo bottle...while i'm using it. And I tend to do it every day haha. same with assignment instructions. I actually read those at least 10 times before I start working. I read nearly every rule on a forum, besides the one when you sign up, unless it's a forum using a system i haven't used. crap like that. I also tend to skim through program installation stuff. damn my upbringing

Anyways, the only reason I could see this for, the bb's at least, is for people who need a bb gun for some reason (my dad bought one for pest control. We had pigeons out the wazoo living in our roof. Or just for general target practice. The 6mm version I can see for soemone with say, A mill sim tippy that wants to play with his airsoft friends, but doesn't want a new gun or some crap. Or who wants to sling some 6mm paint. It's not very practical though. More like one of those gimmick sort of things.

My Feedback! (+9/-0)

ಠ_ಠ
Old 08-15-2007, 08:07 PM
New Guy

Ya, wow. I do believe that the barrel is a threat to the sport of paintball. People have a hard enough time as it is accepting people shooting harmless balls of paint, much less steel BB's. And as soon as the news catches some teens riding around shooting BB's with paintball guns, the paintball community will take much of the flak. Especially if the target was people, animals, cars, or houses.
And BTW: Nenkitsune, you're not alone...